Pew: Less Than Half of Americans Now Support the Death Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:51:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pew: Less Than Half of Americans Now Support the Death Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew: Less Than Half of Americans Now Support the Death Penalty  (Read 3604 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: October 25, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

Great! Let's hope the trend continues!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:50:34 PM »

Why do you support the death penalty?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 12:14:01 AM »

imho people who stand against abortions in all cases and support the death penalty are the peak of hypocrisy.

Nah, that is a stupid argument. Babies haven't committed murder.

Fetus is not baby.

I agree, but the opposite position is not "hypocritical." People who support the death penalty and oppose legal abortion think that it's OK to kill people as long as they've done something very very bad, and people who hold the opposite position think it's not OK to kill people, but fetuses don't count as people. Both seem hypocritical on the surface but not so much once you dig deep into it.

Personally I strongly oppose the death penalty. I have mixed feelings on abortion morally (tending towards the "It's probably bad but it's also probably none of my business" viewpoint) but I strongly support it being legal. That said, I totally understand the reasoning behind anti-abortion positions. I don't really see the reasoning behind supporting the death penalty (I can understand the emotional, but not logical reasoning).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies