The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:15:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49393 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »

The move has been temporarily revoked, I have no PM's from the player in question (and while I do have other PM's on the subject, they're clearly insufficent for me to make out what has been going on.

Unless I recieve a plausible explanation, I may to revoke it outright.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »

The move has been temporarily revoked, I have no PM's from the player in question (and while I do have other PM's on the subject, they're clearly insufficent for me to make out what has been going on.

I have sent you some PM detailing the exchange.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:21 PM »

I have sent you some PM detailing the exchange.

I can't really imagine what plausible explanation there could possibly be Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #428 on: March 24, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »

Noted, I thank you for sending the missing parts so far (that clears up a confusion I had). That said, I still fail to see the reasoning behind it (why it would be a plausible move from Tyrion).
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #429 on: March 24, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

Is it not remembered I did that exact thing as Tyrion lol? He's not going to place the dynasty's pride and honor above his nephew's life; his care and we'll being are important than sitting him atop a seat that would likely kill him. The Lannisters have no allies, and are currently in full tilt battle with Ironborn in the heart of the Wasteland whom have already broken into Casterly Rock once! They now have to fight not only the ironborn but are still in a deadly struggle with  a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance lol. If he continues on said course, they will almost certainly be heads on spikes by the end of this. No amount of gold or Tyroshi sells words can save a house without alliances nor any possible alliances.

Tldr I already did this and it ended up being a fantastic move even though it didn't work out completely.

Does anyone honestly think Tyrion thinks he can win a war against the Edric power bloc, independent ironborn AND Viserys lol? He'd realize the cause was basically lost once Tywin died, the Vale RL and North all allied under a storm king and he was invaded by ironborn full tilt.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 09:39:28 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Is it not remembered I did that exact thing as Tyrion lol? He's not going to place the dynasty's pride and honor above his nephew's life; his care and we'll being are important than sitting him atop a seat that would likely kill him. The Lannisters have no allies, and are currently in full tilt battle with Ironborn in the heart of the Wasteland whom have already broken into Casterly Rock once! They now have to fight not only the ironborn but are still in a deadly struggle with  a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance lol. If he continues on said course, they will almost certainly be heads on spikes by the end of this. No amount of gold or Tyroshi sells words can save a house without alliances nor any possible alliances.

Tldr I already did this and it ended up being a fantastic move even though it didn't work out completely.

Does anyone honestly think Tyrion thinks he can win a war against the Edric power bloc, independent ironborn AND Viserys lol? He'd realize the cause was basically lost once Tywin died, the Vale RL and North all allied under a storm king and he was invaded by ironborn full tilt.

1) This an insanely bad deal for the Lannisters

2) It should've been struck down on OOC grounds in the previous game IMO, but the rules were also a lot more lax in that game.  I'd also argue it wasn't such a hot move then, all due respect.  Plus you actually got something out of it Tongue

3) Tommen can definitely still win on his own

4) The whole alliance makes absolutely no sense.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2017, 10:11:19 PM »

Oh damn y'all
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:52 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 01:12:33 AM by Dereich »

Turn over? Since we're a few hours past midnight I'll assume so and announce that I intend to rejoin (unless something goes HORRIBLY WRONG) as Randall Tarly.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »

Is it not remembered I did that exact thing as Tyrion lol? He's not going to place the dynasty's pride and honor above his nephew's life; his care and we'll being are important than sitting him atop a seat that would likely kill him. The Lannisters have no allies, and are currently in full tilt battle with Ironborn in the heart of the Wasteland whom have already broken into Casterly Rock once! They now have to fight not only the ironborn but are still in a deadly struggle with  a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance lol. If he continues on said course, they will almost certainly be heads on spikes by the end of this. No amount of gold or Tyroshi sells words can save a house without alliances nor any possible alliances.

2) It should've been struck down on OOC grounds in the previous game IMO, but the rules were also a lot more lax in that game.  I'd also argue it wasn't such a hot move then, all due respect.  Plus you actually got something out of it Tongue

You also don't see the entire picture Wink

A hot move? As I see it the Lannisters have one real army, as most of their troops from Tywin either vanished or are now under Randyll Tarly. They don't even have enough men under Jaime to fight the ironborn let alone hold onto their prizes in the Riverlands against a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance.

And if we're talking about OOC we're certainly going to have to bring the actions of one Petyr Baelish into the discussion lol.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2017, 08:31:51 AM »

Also I assume turn is still open until we get a ruling on things. Either way it impacts things a lot.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »

Turn over? Since we're a few hours past midnight I'll assume so and announce that I intend to rejoin (unless something goes HORRIBLY WRONG) as Randall Tarly.
I guess you could play Cersei Lannister as she will llikely kill Tyrion and become Lady of Casterly Rock
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »

I don't think the deal should stand. I don't see a reasonable basis for it.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

The deal is formally revoked. I don't rule out a different version if things get to the point in which it looks more plausible, but right now it doesn't.

Turn is over, end of turn will come during the day.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: March 25, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 11:09:59 AM by Fearless Leader X »

2) It should've been struck down on OOC grounds in the previous game IMO, but the rules were also a lot more lax in that game.  I'd also argue it wasn't such a hot move then, all due respect.  Plus you actually got something out of it Tongue

You also don't see the entire picture Wink

A hot move? As I see it the Lannisters have one real army, as most of their troops from Tywin either vanished or are now under Randyll Tarly. They don't even have enough men under Jaime to fight the ironborn let alone hold onto their prizes in the Riverlands against a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance.

And if we're talking about OOC we're certainly going to have to bring the actions of one Petyr Baelish into the discussion lol.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty confident that I haven't done anything insanely OOC (much less something as hilariously OOC as the rightly revoked deal), but feel free to give it your best shot if you think I do something anywhere near as OOC as this deal would've been for Tyrion Tongue  And of course, there are many degrees of OOC.  A certain amount controlled OOC behavior every now-and-then is necessary for a game like this to work, but there's a fine line between that and completely throwing all pretense of IC gameplay out the window.  And even if Tyrion did something like this, the WesterLords would instantly disregard it, kill him, and put Kevan in charge Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #439 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

Only one player didn't sent orders, which will affect some of the other orders sent. Other than that, I'll get to the dice rolls.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »

Only one player didn't sent orders, which will affect some of the other orders sent. Other than that, I'll get to the dice rolls.
Who?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »

Who?

House Martell.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »

Not sure how to put this, but, well, four of you are dead. (and it could have been as much as seven, believe it or not)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #443 on: March 25, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »

Not sure how to put this, but, well, four of you are dead.

LOL The most GoT post ever.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #444 on: March 25, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »

The deal is formally revoked. I don't rule out a different version if things get to the point in which it looks more plausible, but right now it doesn't.

I didn't even have a chance to send real orders... As of last night nothing had been deciding and had huge bearing on what would occur...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #445 on: March 25, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »

I didn't even have a chance to send real orders... As of last night nothing had been deciding and had huge bearing on what would occur...

Hm. Any chance you could send emergency ones to complete the turn?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #446 on: March 25, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

Not sure how to put this, but, well, four of you are dead. (and it could have been as much as seven, believe it or not)
Let me guess, I was assassinated a second time lol?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #447 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:19 PM »

Hm. Any chance you could send emergency ones to complete the turn?

Scribbled and sent, thanks for the chance to do so Smiley
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #448 on: March 25, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »

Uh oh.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #449 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »

Dying is exhausting; I'm not sure I'll return for House Stark. Although, I really can't.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies