"Did Facebook Give Democrats the upper hand?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:52:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  "Did Facebook Give Democrats the upper hand?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Did Facebook Give Democrats the upper hand?"  (Read 3330 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »

Based on my experience, those who are in the 18-29 demographic who vote are far more informed politically than many partisans I know. My friends are all very aware of the issues, and made very sane, very rational decisions based on those issues. Like, for instance, the decision not to support a candidate who would be OK with me dying alone in a hospital bed because my partner's right to say goodbye is somehow trumped by a nameless hospital administrator's "right" to discriminate. Or that health care should be something every human being has a right to. Or that raising taxes on millionaires to cut the deficit wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They get most of their political information from The Daily Show, but all considered, that's a pretty good place to get your political information from when compared to Fox News.

My grandmother, meanwhile, once explained to me that she votes Republican because she's a registered Republican, and thus, it'd be illegal not to. My moderate Republican mother thinks "there are a lot of things that don't add up" about Obama's birth certificate.
Those of us who have grown up on the information superhighway are a little bit more adept at looking at printed information critically because so much of it is garbage. Our parents grew up in an age when print implied legitimacy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies