|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:45:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: .  (Read 3907 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 01:32:31 AM »

Ill take it even one step further.  Say that there is a quality gay republican, who was hardline conservative on every thing else that got past the primary.  I bet there would be a gigantic landslide for that candidate.  And many democrat voters would be picked off because many soft democrats are only democrats because of gay rights issues.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:08 AM »

Ill take it even one step further.  Say that there is a quality gay republican, who was hardline conservative on every thing else that got past the primary.  I bet there would be a gigantic landslide for that candidate.  And many democrat voters would be picked off because many soft democrats are only democrats because of gay rights issues.
lol
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 05:59:23 AM »

Future RPP voter in Atlasia. You heard it here first.

*sticks flag in the sand*
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 06:12:48 AM »

You seem rather obsessed with who we might recruit in the future.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 06:23:47 AM »

You seem rather obsessed with who we might recruit in the future.

I called a few of them in the past with Bgwah as a joke, and now it's kind of like a betting game to me. Tongue
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »

Do you mean true marriage equality?  
Allowing every combination of couples to marry? 

If so then no..

I hate strawman arguments like these.  I am sorry for you if you are so against the possibility that two men or two women could come together in a relationship that is equal to a man and a woman.  That is your choice, fine, however to say that people who want to give our friends in the GBLT community the same rights that we posses is some how analogous to arguing for the allowance of anyone to marry anything.  This is just false and has been an fallacious argument made by fools on your side of this debate for sometime sadly you subscribe to it as well.  You may also have convinced yourself that your life will be affected negatively if our friends in the GBLT community have the same rights, they wont, as you do.  But, give it us rest man no one outside of weirdos and freaks want to legalize anything beyond marriage equality for good loving couples like those in the GBLT community.  In my opinion i would rather see a marriage between a loving gay or lesbian couple than that between a 75 year old and 18 year old.  It sickens me that the latter is accepted nationwide where as the former is frowned upon at best and violently opposed at worst.  But hey if you feel better about you life by bashing those who deserve the rights you take for granted so be it. 

Excellently put and thank you. Smiley

The title of this thread, however, amuses me. That's like asking if a skinhead Nazi who supports Jews could be accepted into the American Nazi Party or if a black man could join the KKK. lol

The Republicans have demonized the LGBT community since well forever and I doubt they stop anytime soon. Obviously, a pro-gay marriage Republican would not be nominated anytime soon because the Republican Party is full of nothing but far right-wing conservative Bible thumping hicks and bigots who like to talk about the "sanctity" of marriage, whatever that means? Personally I think if you want to preserve the sanctity of marriage, you should outlaw divorce. And we all know that if gays marry, then cats and dogs will start marrying each other because animals sure can sign a marriage contract with their cute and cuddly little paws! Tongue And the way the Republicans link homosexuality to pedophilia is just pathetic. If you look at statistics, it's like 98% of pedophiles are straight. They need new arguments. Their sanctity argument is also running dry; heterosexuals (names like Sonny Bono and Britney Spears pop in my mind) have destroyed that "sacred institution," seeing as how one in two marriages end in divorce, which their Bible clearly states is an abomination, but you don't see the Religious Right up in flames trying to get a national ban on divorce! They pick and choose which sins to condemn while upholding others, which makes them all nothing but a bunch of bigoted and hateful hypocrites. No wonder they vote Republican with leaders like Ensign, Sanford, Craig, etc. etc. and more to "come out" soon! Tongue (It's a shame we can't bomb these radical Christian fundamentalists like we are doing to the radical Islamic fundamentalists.)

It's more so a generational gap than anything. I think the voluptuous Meghan McCain will lead the way for a new Republican Party that is much more libertarian-leaning and more accepting of diversity not only as it pertains to the LGBT community but to other minorities as well. I guess it runs in her genes, being a RINO, that is. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies