Youngest Forum Member?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Youngest Forum Member?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Youngest Forum Member?  (Read 12991 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

I really hate being a super nerd too.........
It is like I worry about things that are not that important.(elections in Sweeden? Who cares)

Nobody cares, even the people who live in Sweden Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »

Um...aren't you 13?  And you've read War and Peace?

Hell, I couldn't get through Fielding's Tom Jones at 18, and that's only 900 pages paperback.  War and Peace is half again that length.  (Gave up Tom Jones around page 300)  I did read Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment all the way through...excellent.

Only Tolstoy I've read is The Death of Ivan Ilyich, which I loved, but it's a novella!

Well, when I was 10, I was at my grandparents' for two weeks, and I had nothing to do. So, I picked up the fattest boook I could find, and started reading. I usually like historical fiction, so I thought it would be good.

IN YOUR FACE! HA!

I also read the Lord of the RIngs at 7. Took me 10 days. Liked it so much I read it again.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2008, 11:45:07 PM »

Hell, I couldn't get through Fielding's Tom Jones at 18, and that's only 900 pages paperback.  War and Peace is half again that length.  (Gave up Tom Jones around page 300)  I did read Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment all the way through...excellent.

Only Tolstoy I've read is The Death of Ivan Ilyich, which I loved, but it's a novella!

Well, when I was 10, I was at my grandparents' for two weeks, and I had nothing to do. So, I picked up the fattest boook I could find, and started reading. I usually like historical fiction, so I thought it would be good.

IN YOUR FACE! HA!

I also read the Lord of the RIngs at 7. Took me 10 days. Liked it so much I read it again.
Holy sh**t. I am scared. How could you read those books? I tried in 6th grade and I fell asleep and after that I relyed on Wikipedia for history stuff.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:50 PM »

IN YOUR FACE! HA!

Holy sh**t. I am scared. How could you read those books? I tried in 6th grade and I fell asleep and after that I relyed on Wikipedia for history stuff.

I fell asleep several times while reading War and Peace, but I labored through it, since it was in Bangladesh, with no Internet and eight channels on TV. I think I would like it better know that I know more about the Napoleonic era. The other two books were quite good, though I'll agree that it takes some training to be able to read scholarly nonfiction.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »

You guys are making me feel old.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »

Where were you when President Kennedy was shot?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:39 AM »

Now that I come to think of it, I read a 1000+ biography of Peter the Great... in elementary school.

In Grade 9, I lent one of my history books to my former history teacher. Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

Oh, I see, you people are on the bragging phase of your smart-kid-existence.  Don't worry, you'll get over it eventually.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

Oh, I see, you people are on the bragging phase of your smart-kid-existence.  Don't worry, you'll get over it eventually.

Right now, I have to brag, since I can't discuss things at my level with people outside this forum.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

Right now, I have to brag, since I can't discuss things at my level with people outside this forum.

Yes, it's that very feeling that is the definition of the "bragging phase".  You'll get over yourself soon enough that you'll be able to talk to the "common man" once again, trust me Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 06:03:06 PM »

Yes, it's that very feeling that is the definition of the "bragging phase".  You'll get over yourself soon enough that you'll be able to talk to the "common man" once again, trust me Smiley

I hope so. Right now, I can't talk about much with my friends except school.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:41 PM »

A question to my fellow teens (Xahar, Hashemite, Ben and Evilmexicandictator):

What do your teachers think of you?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »

Well, teachers generally like my intelligence, but I'm not exactly the most respecting of authority, and I do mouth off quite a bit, so they're mostly ambivalent.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

All of my teachers love me.  In 6th grade, my Reading teacher gave me a British edition of Lord of the Rings that she got in London, and I bought a deluxe copy of the book from her.  Last year, my History teacher and I argued constantly over the NBA (he's a Bulls fan and I'm a diehard Wizards fan).  I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

All of my teachers love me.  In 6th grade, my Reading teacher gave me a British edition of Lord of the Rings that she got in London, and I bought a deluxe copy of the book from her.  Last year, my History teacher and I argued constantly over the NBA (he's a Bulls fan and I'm a diehard Wizards fan).  I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

You have cool teachers.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »

You have cool teachers.

I've been really lucky ever since I started school to have nothing but great teachers.  Something I forgot to mention was that in 1st grade, my teacher's husband worked on the Bush campaign, and got tickets to the Inauguration.  Since she didn't want to go, she gave the 2 tickets to me, and so my dad and I went to the first Bush Inauguration.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »

All of my teachers love me. I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

That's the same with me. I remember once my and my then Year 9 Coordinator and soon-to-be Debate Coach got into a heated discussion on the political abuse of the media, we mainly focused on Murdoch of course Wink. This was the same guy who was surprised I knew the EC totals in the 1984 Presidential Election.

Whilst I think about it, a few months back the American Consul General visited my school. There was some Q&A time, all of the questions we're on Iraq. I was the only one to ask him a question that had nothing to do with Iraq. My question had something to do with Putin and Russia.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »

All of my teachers love me. I seem to have a charming effect on them, even though I talk way too much Wink

That's the same with me. I remember once my and my then Year 9 Coordinator and soon-to-be Debate Coach got into a heated discussion on the political abuse of the media, we mainly focused on Murdoch of course Wink. This was the same guy who was surprised I knew the EC totals in the 1984 Presidential Election.

Whilst I think about it, a few months back the American Consul General visited my school. There was some Q&A time, all of the questions we're on Iraq. I was the only one to ask him a question that had nothing to do with Iraq. My question had something to do with Putin and Russia.

Clearly, I'm the only nerd with an attitude problem. Tongue

I wish the Australian Consul would visit our school.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2008, 07:45:51 PM »

In Grade 6, 8, and 10 my history teachers all said I was very smart. In Grade 9 she said I was smart but said I didn't participate enough (true) but she blamed it on my stuttering (false oc, because her class was boring as HELL). Other teachers, especially my Grade 8 and 10 Science teachers quite liked me too.
My drama, health, and especially IT teachers all liked me a lot last year in their classes.
All teachers also say I'm sweet and etc.

I remember my grade 5 teacher from Australia also used me as an 'assistant teacher' on the unit on the American Revolution, which he didn't care much about (I believe the school admin forced him to do atleast some history lessons that year)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »

I wish the Australian Consul would visit our school.

Jack Carter visited my school in Riyadh last year, for what it's worth.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »

I've had many detentions before, mainly with my former Italian teacher. Ms. Odorisio, or as I liked to call her Ms. Autobitchio. All because I didn't do my work in Italian, you know what I was doing half the time in Italian. Writing Alternative History Tongue.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »

I've had many detentions before, mainly with my former Italian teacher. Ms. Odorisio, or as I liked to call her Ms. Autobitchio. All because I didn't do my work in Italian, you know what I was doing half the time in Italian. Writing Alternative History Tongue.

I usually flesh stuff out in my head in bed or during Spanish class. Interestingly enough, my Spanish teacher likes me the most out of all my teachers.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »

I got a detention once from a Nazi principal mainly because at one of his Hitler rallies I talked to the guy next to me. He got pissed at us two and sent us to his office. He talked to us, but that was it.
I can't think of anything else.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2008, 01:29:10 AM »

I started posting on the internet at age 14, 7 years ago!
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

My teachers actually like me for once, instead of dispising me. My English, Algebra, and Civics teachers actually like me!!! It is a miracle. Most of the time teachers dispise me because of my talkitiveness and my wise cracks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies