Democrats' DNC Chair Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:15:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats' DNC Chair Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the DNC Chair race as of now?
Keith Ellison

Tom Perez

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Democrats' DNC Chair Poll  (Read 3845 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 30, 2016, 05:45:23 PM »

This race has already been described as one that could become another Hill v. Bern fight.

I have to admit, this is not an easy choice to make. Tbh, I haven't done much research on the two. I'll probably do some soon, but in the meantime, I'm interested in your opinions (preferably from Liberals Democratic or not).

So let the polling and discussion begin.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:00:35 PM »

Perez is one of the better Cabinet Secretaries in recent memory and I'd like to see him run for elected office in the future (personally, I think he's one of our best options in 2020), but he doesn't want to be Chair and isn't running out of his own free will; it seems like he was pretty much bullied into it by business interests terrified by Ellison, and it's clear that his campaign for Chair is little more than a proxy by the departing administration to maintain control of the party. Ellison, in addition to being a Massive FF in Congress, has a clear plan to reform the Democratic Party both ideologically and in it's core structure, and having a prominent Muslim political leader is more important than ever in the age of Trump. This really isn't a difficult choice, IMO.

Amazing point.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »

I prefer Perez, but for the sake of Democrats not imploding a few months into Trump's presidency, Ellison.
That's one reason why I think Ellison might be the safer choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies