Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:02:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 7071 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 18, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »

My biggest issue with her is her trip to Syria and how she handled the aftermath. She met with a murderous dictator without telling anyone and then lied about how the trip was funded. And before anyone says otherwise, its fine for the secretary of state to visit murderous dictators because they're the presidents top diplomat. Its not fine if a congressperson with no job in the administration does it.

For me, it's not so much that she met with him as it is the fact that she came back and regurgitated his propaganda.  She was obviously only allowed to meet with Assad-approved Syrians while there, and then she comes back and says something like "I talked to the Syrian people, and all of them told me that there's no real difference between the rebel groups and they're all terrorists."  (Not an exact quote, but that was the gist of it.)  Does she even realize that meeting only with people in territory held by Assad is going to produce a skewed picture, or is she that gullible?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

That being said, her chances at the nomination are pretty minuscule, no matter how many people were "impressed" by her in IA.  She simply does not have enough appeal among the demographic groups required to win the nomination.  There is a narrow band of support in the party that does like her a heck of a lot, but I have yet to see any evidence that this faction has any wider influence in the party.

I don't think she's going to win, but I do think a Ron Paul-esque ~4th place or so with a cult following is very possible.  I do think there's a minority of the primary electorate who would be drawn to a candidate on the basis of them being maximally "anti-establishment", and if Sanders isn't running, then I'm not sure Warren would be seen as sufficiently "anti-establishment" for some of these folks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies