Issues where 'your side' frustrates you (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:07:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Issues where 'your side' frustrates you (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues where 'your side' frustrates you  (Read 3252 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: September 05, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »

There are a lot of issues where I don't think the GOP is far enough to the right on- some examples:

-I don't think we're committed enough to supporting 100% free trade

-We should ban the income tax once and for all

-We've set our sights way too low on banning abortion, and we have too many Republicans who would prioritize other things over ending abortion

-We have become way too libertarian on surveillance- if you're not doing anything wrong, why do you care?

-I also disagree with the populist strand on stuff like term limits and campaign finance.  We shouldn't have ANY restrictions on donating directly to campaigns.  Non-profits should also be able to be directly involved in politics (though, again, there shouldn't be an income tax in the first place)

-We are not doing anything to curb the problem that is alcohol in our society.  I can virtually promise that, without alcohol, things like rape and suicide would be reduced by way over half.  I have some ideas about how to fix the drinking culture, as it isn't feasible to ban it, but I won't go into that here.

-That some of us recognize "transgender" as a real thing in the first place and not a mental disorder that needs to be treated, not celebrated (or, usually, someone looking for attention)

-Letting the left frame the narrative too much for the American people (ex. controversies in Indiana and North Carolina)

F**k you for the "Trans = mentally ill" B*llsh**t

Also, alcohol doesn't do that much damage. Heavy reduction of alcohol use would only blip suicides, and would prevent maybe a quarter of rapes. Still would help, but not by quite as much as you say.

For me, first the obvious annoyance at "GMO'S ARE TEH POISON, NUCLEOR WILL KILL US ALL,"

Second,

- Thinking racists and other horrible people are only that way because the government doesn't spend enough money transitioning them from coal miners to Starbucks baristas, rather than just accepting some people are just inherently vile and won't change.

leftist racism,

Third, The worship of Israel in some corners of the left
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies