DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:40:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275355 times)
neostassenite31
« on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:03 PM »

Apparantly the YouGov poll says that 68% of Republicans don't think the storming of the Capitol building is a threat to democracy and only 28% of Republicans blame Trump for actions of those who stormed the Capitol building.
neostassenite31
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:14 PM »

Apparantly the YouGov poll says that 68% of Republicans don't think the storming of the Capitol building is a threat to democracy and only 28% of Republicans blame Trump for actions of those who stormed the Capitol building.

As pathetic as that is, Republicans can't win elections if 28% of their base thinks they're traitors to the Country (which they are).

But it would suggest that they do stand a chance of being beaten in a GOP primary
neostassenite31
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:33:58 PM »

There are only two things I am willing to hear from Trump supporters right now.

1) "I am sorry. My vote aided and abetted an attempt at a fascist coup in the United States. I will now live the rest of my life attempting to atone for what I have done."

2) "I am clearly a terrible judge of character. Democrats, please educate me. How did you know the warning signs of Trump's narcissistic, dictatorial personality before I did? Before I ever cast another vote, I should learn how to watch for these things."

Anything else is either apologism, whataboutism, or genuine fascism.

Looks like a majority of Republicans do not think there is anything to apologize for according to the latest poll
neostassenite31
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/12/trump-defends-pre-riot-speech-458129

This morning, Trump defends his pre-riot speech: "...what I said was totally appropriate."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies