Obama daughters to attend Sidwell Friends, just like Chelsea Clinton did (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:34:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama daughters to attend Sidwell Friends, just like Chelsea Clinton did (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama daughters to attend Sidwell Friends, just like Chelsea Clinton did  (Read 7950 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: November 22, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »

Yea, it's nice that he can choose such a nice school. Too bad he opposes giving poor people the same oportunity.

^^^^^^^^

I'm fairly sure Obama is pro-vouchers, first off; but more importantly that isnt the issue at hand.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

Wait, clarification please...people want the government to pay for poorer people tp send their kids to private schools? I;ve neer really undersood this vouchers thing.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »

Wait, clarification please...people want the government to pay for poorer people tp send their kids to private schools? I;ve neer really undersood this vouchers thing.

Working class families should have the same educational opportunities that wealthy Americans, like Obama, have.  Why should the rich be able to send their kids to better schools than the poor?

Don, that makes some sense! Now lets make the same argument for healthcare. Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

Malia and Sasha should also be forced to become active duty soldiers once they reach 18. Maybe then they'll start fewer wars.

Brilliant comment.

It would really prove that Obama is committed to the idea of community service -- even though he himself has never been in the army and was raised in a private school, he could really make a statement by forcing his daughters to do the opposite.  Anything else would be hypocritical.

I know it's the internet, but please turn on your sarcasm radar Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:23:56 PM »

Malia and Sasha should also be forced to become active duty soldiers once they reach 18. Maybe then they'll start fewer wars.

Brilliant comment.

It would really prove that Obama is committed to the idea of community service -- even though he himself has never been in the army and was raised in a private school, he could really make a statement by forcing his daughters to do the opposite.  Anything else would be hypocritical.

I know it's the internet, but please turn on your sarcasm radar Wink

I think yours is the one that's broken

Meeker's comment was actually brilliant though

I...uh...I was pretending not to notice your sarcasm.

Or it just wasn't funny.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »

Special case. I'll give him a pass on this.

Pass on what?

It's a president's job to fix public schools, not to embrace them in their current state and symbolically pretend like there is nothing wrong!

Isn't education meant to be a state thing? Not that a President shouldn't work towards improving schools of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies