Republicans On the Run: Loss of the House Increasingly Likely (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:50:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans On the Run: Loss of the House Increasingly Likely (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans On the Run: Loss of the House Increasingly Likely  (Read 2022 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: March 27, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »

The biggest mistake congressional republicans have is moving to the left on economic issues. The luckiest part is the democrats ran even further to the left.

Dick Armey said it best. When we act like them, we lose. When we act like us, we win.

Right now, "we" are acting like moderate democrats, and it's killing us. The only thing saving us is democrats being so dependent on the rich leftist "Emily's List/Hollywood/Soros" crowd and their litmus tests.  A massive movement of John Dingell types would take back the house. Nancy Pelosi is another matter.

Overall, I think the House could go either way.

Funny you mention that with the types of Republicans you describe.  They are the type that get elected in union Democratic areas because of their emphasis on social issues, plus many rode Reagan's coattails and are still in office.  I'm also talking about the State House/Senate level as well.  Those factors put in people like Charlie Dougherty, who was once my Congressman, Hank Salvatore, a State Senator way back when and people like John Taylor and Dennis O'Brien in the State House because they parade like moderate-centrist Dems economically, but emphasize their social conservatism.  However on some pieces of major legislation they side with the corporate end of the GOP and go back home and parade themselves as "neighborhood guys."  I think people are slowly catching on to them and that may eventually kill you guys.   

My point is you are very lucky to have those types in your party because quite frankly, people don't buy right wing economic policies save tax cuts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies