Sanders to hold video address for supporters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:11:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders to hold video address for supporters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders to hold video address for supporters  (Read 5135 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: June 16, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »

He needs a drink of water.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:45:53 PM »

This better be the first of a series of moves to drop out.

Also bit of a back-handed slap to Clinton's 16 million voters... because all of them are clearly wealthy campaign contributors.

This was actually pretty graceless and basically "here's my agenda" I've got 1900 delegates and you better do what I want.

Awesome.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:49:26 PM »

Good lord, Bernie is going eventually endorse a lying neoliberal warmonger under FBI investigation, and yet her supporters are still whining? Ridiculous.

It's OK, it means you never have to turn on him and whine about him being a moderate.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Well, I'm not sure what the point of this was...

That's basically been my thinking on the Bernie campaign for the last couple of months.  

I've voted Clinton and have largely preferred her over Sanders but some of the whiny posts here are really tempting me to stay home and not vote...

If this is how people react to what was largely a civil campaign then maybe the country doesn't deserve better than Trump.

Respectfully, Sanders has a right to be heard and his issues debated. But there was literally NO point to this speech. There were two sentences about the democratic nominee.

His message about getting new people into public service is GOOD. Just as long as they are a little more reality-based.

jfern needs help. That level of paranoia, anger and bitterness cannot be good for mind, body or soul.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »

He's not going to be allowed to speak at the convention if he doesn't concede, so he's really accomplishing nothing by running a race that is really over.

Plus he's starting to burn up his leverage. His support might be fervent but it is shrinking.

Well, I'm not sure what the point of this was...

That's basically been my thinking on the Bernie campaign for the last couple of months.  

I've voted Clinton and have largely preferred her over Sanders but some of the whiny posts here are really tempting me to stay home and not vote...

If this is how people react to what was largely a civil campaign then maybe the country doesn't deserve better than Trump.

Respectfully, Sanders has a right to be heard and his issues debated. But there was literally NO point to this speech. There were two sentences about the democratic nominee.

His message about getting new people into public service is GOOD. Just as long as they are a little more reality-based.

jfern needs help. That level of paranoia, anger and bitterness cannot be good for mind, body or soul.

To me, the message came off as a call to action from his supporters, many of which said they were giving up on being politically active if he didn't win--if they stay home the Republicans will continue to control most everything at state level since the turnout during midterms tends to be so low. This was putting it to his supporters, fine tuned to the way they needed to hear it, not to let this keep happening.

As I said, calls to action and political engagement are great and positive. Hopefully they'll remember that in 2018 and do their duty.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I beg your pardon?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:12:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I beg your pardon?

So much salty whining about a speech calling for people to remain engaged in the process.

Again, I commended that part, but think he's undermining his position long-term and looks increasingly graceless. All he's doing is raising eyebrows among his more reasonable voters and feeding the ire of the unhinged. This primary is over, you want to influence change in the platform, great... but after losing pretty convincingly you don't get to threaten the nominee with pulling support unless you get what you want. You deserve a debate and a fair hearing and vote on those issue you believe in. But with each day, support will peel away and your leverage will weaken.

This wasn't a speech aimed at Hillary supporters you know...

We know, but he's got a responsibility and he's being very slow in undertaking it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 09:01:58 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Hes saying the right things on twitter.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/743604646057500673
@BernieSanders
I look forward to working with @HillaryClinton in the coming weeks.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/743604293949861888
@BernieSanders
This campaign is about defeating @realDonaldTrump, the Republican candidate for president. #OurRevolution

Yeah, it's clear that he's moving to the exit. Are his mainstream supporters really that delicate that they cannot cope?

I also wonder whether this is a debt retirement process... they couldn't possibly NOT be in debt after NJ and CA.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »

To be completely honest, a Romney supporter shouldn't be attacking Sanders as a 'traitor to the Democratic party'.

I'm only concerned with those who betray the side of sanity, thanks.

America has a sane political party?!!!!

Not that you'd know. You wouldn't know sanity if it hit you in the face.

Nor would he feel at home.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies