Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:34:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79223 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: April 24, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »

Andrew, read my last post in the "Will We Ever Have an Atheist President?" Thread.  It explains what I should have been saying all along, for it encompasses what I believe, but I just couldn't find the words for it.  Then, comment here as I want to discontinue hijacking that thread.

You may call it what you will but it does not make it good. I hope your cousin and her children find peace away from her family if you continue to create a psychologically damaging environment for her. She deserves real love.

I tell you something honestly, Andrew.  I disagree quite a bit with my Pastor and his wife when it comes to the issue of homosexuality.  I firmly believe a gay person can accept Christ just as easy as a straight person or a Christian, or a Muslim, Jew, etc.  Just because they are different doesn't mean they are loved any less by our God.  I support same sex marriage, even while I don't like the gay relations, for that very reasons.  If my cousin ever needs anybody to talk to about anything, she knows she can come to me.  She knows I will not judge her, I will love her, and I will keep things confidential unless she specifically gives me permission to tell her sister or even her mother.  She is 24 years old, so she is old enough to make her own decisions.  I am just here as a non-judgmental confidant.  If she asks me what I think, I will tell her and I will not sugarcoat it, but my main purpose is to point her to Christ and point her children to Christ.  The children's father has been coming to church regularly, and while he's had problems of his own, mainly drugs, he is a good role model to them now.  Yet, he does not judge her, nor do I judge her.  I have no place to judge her.  I lie, I take advantage of people, so I have no room to judge her for being gay.

You do know that loving a person of the same gender, if she is lucky enough to find that is in no way comparable to 'lying' or 'taking advantage' of people. Let me say one thing about my husband. I love him. Let me tell you what that means. It means I will sit with and fuss over him when he is sick. It means that when he travels and I'm not with him I get a knot in a stomach that doesn't settle until he arrives and phones me to let me know he's there. It means leaping a little inside when I come from from work to see him sitting there or feeling so disappointed in him when he sells himself short. If you consider that love a 'sin' then you do not understand love at all. But your book doesn't mention me and Michael; how could it? How one earth would they know? But it does talk about love. If you really love her you will support her right to find love with someone else. That's the only thing on this planet you don't have to pay for.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #976 on: April 24, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »

There will be no walking today, not because of the weather, but because it appears I'm going to have to stay close to the bathroom.  My stomach is not real happy this morning.  I'll get back out there tomorrow.

Walking may be on the schedule tomorrow and Friday, but it was also allegedly on the schedule today.

you might show just a tad understanding, no?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #977 on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »

Andrew, read my last post in the "Will We Ever Have an Atheist President?" Thread.  It explains what I should have been saying all along, for it encompasses what I believe, but I just couldn't find the words for it.  Then, comment here as I want to discontinue hijacking that thread.

You may call it what you will but it does not make it good. I hope your cousin and her children find peace away from her family if you continue to create a psychologically damaging environment for her. She deserves real love.

I tell you something honestly, Andrew.  I disagree quite a bit with my Pastor and his wife when it comes to the issue of homosexuality.  I firmly believe a gay person can accept Christ just as easy as a straight person or a Christian, or a Muslim, Jew, etc.  Just because they are different doesn't mean they are loved any less by our God.  I support same sex marriage, even while I don't like the gay relations, for that very reasons.  If my cousin ever needs anybody to talk to about anything, she knows she can come to me.  She knows I will not judge her, I will love her, and I will keep things confidential unless she specifically gives me permission to tell her sister or even her mother.  She is 24 years old, so she is old enough to make her own decisions.  I am just here as a non-judgmental confidant.  If she asks me what I think, I will tell her and I will not sugarcoat it, but my main purpose is to point her to Christ and point her children to Christ.  The children's father has been coming to church regularly, and while he's had problems of his own, mainly drugs, he is a good role model to them now.  Yet, he does not judge her, nor do I judge her.  I have no place to judge her.  I lie, I take advantage of people, so I have no room to judge her for being gay.

You do know that loving a person of the same gender, if she is lucky enough to find that is in no way comparable to 'lying' or 'taking advantage' of people. Let me say one thing about my husband. I love him. Let me tell you what that means. It means I will sit with and fuss over him when he is sick. It means that when he travels and I'm not with him I get a knot in a stomach that doesn't settle until he arrives and phones me to let me know he's there. It means leaping a little inside when I come from from work to see him sitting there or feeling so disappointed in him when he sells himself short. If you consider that love a 'sin' then you do not understand love at all. But your book doesn't mention me and Michael; how could it? How one earth would they know? But it does talk about love. If you really love her you will support her right to find love with someone else. That's the only thing on this planet you don't have to pay for.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #978 on: April 24, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »

I am about to leave in about 30 minutes for church business meeting.  I should be home before 20:00.  Tomorrow, I will be going to Shawnee to get my prescriptions and then on Friday, I will be getting my oil changed and my hair cut.  Saturday, of course, is the birthday party for my Pastor and Sunday is my birthday dinner.  I will probably not do much of anything on Monday as it is my birthday.

I've already had 1 birthday wish this morning.  One of my friends on facebook who doesn't come on very much, popped on facebook this morning and told me she'd better wish me happy birthday before she forgot on Monday!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #979 on: April 24, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »

Grumps pointed out something true on facebook just now.  My business meeting should only last an hour or maybe even less, as we're not a big church by any means.  The business meeting is from 18:30-19:30, so why am I leaving at 17:30?  A man's got to eat, and I am going to get a little Subway dinner before I go to church.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #980 on: April 24, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »

Please shut up, Inks.  You're really a fycking pain in the ass now and you are just being belligerent for the hell of it......please stop.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #981 on: April 24, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

Grumps pointed out something true on facebook just now.  My business meeting should only last an hour or maybe even less, as we're not a big church by any means.  The business meeting is from 18:30-19:30, so why am I leaving at 17:30?  A man's got to eat, and I am going to get a little Subway dinner before I go to church.

Most men have to eat although it's somewhat debatable whether you need to eat. Tongue
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #982 on: April 24, 2013, 06:03:50 PM »

That was damn beautiful. Seriously! Glad to see an Atlasian in love. Hope others can find the same. Quite a few people here could use some of that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #983 on: April 24, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »

Disapproving of someone for being gay is like disapproving of someone for being male or female.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #984 on: April 24, 2013, 07:34:55 PM »

This is a bit off topic, but do you guys believe that marrying baby mama is the right course of action in such a circumstance?

Aborting the pregnancy would make more sense.

Do they have condoms in Oklahoma? Or are they considered sinful?

Murdering the baby never makes more sense, especially since this wasn't a rape or incest and the mom's life wasn't in any danger.

Yes, they have condoms.

Please stop with this "Oklahoma is inferior" crap.  It's getting old.

It's such a pity that census and anecdotal evidence says otherwise...

and as someone who was raised from the age of 8 in a single-parent home, I resent your earlier assumption... deeply. Continual demonstration that your sheltered world-view leaves you incapable of actually passing comment on much at all.

There are definitely exceptions to both rules, and I thought I made that clear, but in general it is better to have two parents.

Just because I have a biblical world view that my grandmother grew up with doesn't make me too sheltered and incapable of passing comment.  If I took what you said with any truth, I should just leave the forum and quit the Internet all together, because obviously I am too naive on every subject.

I am smarter than most on this forum believes.  I have a lot of knowledge about quite a few subjects and I am more than capable to pass comment.

I can confirm that

"I am smarter than most on this forum believes.  I have a lot of knowledge about quite a few subjects and I am more than capable to pass comment."

is a lie. Bushie is as naive and incompetent as he seems on the forum.

You need to tell us more about him!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #985 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »

This is a bit off topic, but do you guys believe that marrying baby mama is the right course of action in such a circumstance?

Aborting the pregnancy would make more sense.

Do they have condoms in Oklahoma? Or are they considered sinful?

Murdering the baby never makes more sense, especially since this wasn't a rape or incest and the mom's life wasn't in any danger.

Yes, they have condoms.

Please stop with this "Oklahoma is inferior" crap.  It's getting old.

It's such a pity that census and anecdotal evidence says otherwise...

and as someone who was raised from the age of 8 in a single-parent home, I resent your earlier assumption... deeply. Continual demonstration that your sheltered world-view leaves you incapable of actually passing comment on much at all.

There are definitely exceptions to both rules, and I thought I made that clear, but in general it is better to have two parents.

Just because I have a biblical world view that my grandmother grew up with doesn't make me too sheltered and incapable of passing comment.  If I took what you said with any truth, I should just leave the forum and quit the Internet all together, because obviously I am too naive on every subject.

I am smarter than most on this forum believes.  I have a lot of knowledge about quite a few subjects and I am more than capable to pass comment.

I can confirm that

"I am smarter than most on this forum believes.  I have a lot of knowledge about quite a few subjects and I am more than capable to pass comment."

Alright, its time for you to put up or shut up.  Provide examples.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #986 on: April 24, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »

I can confirm that

Examples of you being "naive and incompetent"? Update I-VI?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #987 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »

I hope we get to see these flashbacks! Come on Ritz!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #988 on: April 24, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

Failure to stick to a diet.  Failure to exercise.  Failure to keep a job.  Multiple scams.  All that crap about Kenya.  Everything else you've posted.  I have never seen you do a single thing of note or merit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #989 on: April 24, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  I have officially crossed underneath 100 hours to my 31st birthday.

Anyway, I had a good church business meeting.  Some very interesting things were discussed.

I must say that I've really enjoyed the discussions the past couple of days on this Update thread and the Atheist President thread.  I stand firm in what I believe, but I respect everyone else's opinion and views.  I just hope my views can be respected, too.  I really do enjoy coming on the forum everyday, even if I am chased by a bunch of blood-thirsty hound dogs, Tongue  I enjoy seeing a sampling of all the different view points that the world offers.  I do not like to see just my own view or views like mine.  If I did, I wouldn't be on this particular forum.  I'm sure most people here feel the same way.  It's interesting to see where everybody comes from in how they approach the political sphere and life in general.  I know at times I seem like the stuff is getting to me, but I'm going to make it a point to let everything that is said here bead up and roll off my back.  This forum cannot get into my head no matter how much it tries.  My beliefs are challenged, but they are strengthened and solidified through this forum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #990 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »

Let me ask a few questions and I request a straight answer.

Is anyone really trying to discourage me from moving to Kenya?

Is anyone really questioning my faith in God?

Is anyone really thinking I am inferior?

Does anyone really think I live in an inferior state?

Does anyone really want me to leave the forum?

Is everyone having a good day?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: April 24, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »

You first
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #992 on: April 24, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »

Ok.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes. Given your physical and financial wellbeing, I think it would be ill advised for you to move to Kenya. This CAD degree really will not do you much good. As many others have said, Kenyans need foreign money, not manpower. I also do not believe it is so much God telling you to go as it is you telling yourself you need another vacation. Like I explained earlier, I know people who had the calling you allegedly have, and they literally left as soon as they could, while you are waiting for apartments to be build and planning "beta test phases" before you commit. They just went. They knew they had a calling and had faith it would work out.

No.

To who? I think inherently we are all made equal, but some of us can better ourselves through education and life experiences.

Absolutely. Oklahoma seems like a cesspool of bad advice and ideas.

No. Who said they wanted you to?

No. I was hungover most of it, and I ended up eating nearly a whole Dominos pizza for dinner and now I feel even worse.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #993 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »

Is anyone really trying to discourage me from moving to Kenya?

Is anyone really questioning my faith in God?

Is anyone really thinking I am inferior?

Does anyone really think I live in an inferior state?

Does anyone really want me to leave the forum?

Is everyone having a good day?

Yes, I'm trying to discourage you from moving to Kenya.

No, I don't question your faith to God, although I think you use God as a crutch to do some really stupid, illogical things.  I think you put too much faith in a God that doesn't exist as you believe he exists.

You are not inferior in terms of value as a person.  Are you less intelligent than some on the forum?  Of course.  But so am I.  Is it likely that you have mental conditions that impair and inhibit your ability to make good decisions?  Probably.

Do you live in an inferior state?  No - the hate against Oklahoma is stupid.

Do I want you to leave?  No.  I want you to walk out your house and then for a mile.  That's the only leaving I want you to do.

Am I having a good day? Meh, I woke up a little later than I should've, so I'm a bit crunched for time on my property exam.  I should probably study a bit harder, but the first one went better than I expected, so I'm not as worried about this one as the others.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #994 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »

Ok.

Yes. Given your physical and financial wellbeing, I think it would be ill advised for you to move to Kenya. This CAD degree really will not do you much good. As many others have said, Kenyans need foreign money, not manpower. I also do not believe it is so much God telling you to go as it is you telling yourself you need another vacation. Like I explained earlier, I know people who had the calling you allegedly have, and they literally left as soon as they could, while you are waiting for apartments to be build and planning "beta test phases" before you commit. They just went. They knew they had a calling and had faith it would work out.

No.

To who? I think inherently we are all made equal, but some of us can better ourselves through education and life experiences.

Absolutely. Oklahoma seems like a cesspool of bad advice and ideas.

No. Who said they wanted you to?

No. I was hungover most of it, and I ended up eating nearly a whole Dominos pizza for dinner and now I feel even worse.

Thank you both for your answers.

Let me address these question by question:

We'll just have to see how it goes with Kenya.

I'm glad no one is questioning my faith in God, but I will admit that I have used His name to do some really stupid stuff.  That's a sin called "taking the Lord's name in vain."  That commandment does not just mean cussing.

Inferior as a person:  Just trying to gauge where the forum's heart is at.

Inferior state:  Thank you, Inks.

Leaving: No body has told me, again I just wanted to gauge the heart of the forum.  And, Inks, I will be getting out of the house tomorrow and walking a mile or slightly more.

Good day?  I am having an awesome day!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #995 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »

Ask away, Patrick!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #996 on: April 24, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »

You said that yesterday about today...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #997 on: April 24, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »

I know.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #998 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »

So why not do 2 miles tomorrow?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #999 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

I was breathing somewhat heavy after 1.12 miles Monday.  2 miles might be a stretch.  I'll just say this, I'll go as far as I can.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies