Marijuana Legalization May Be Unstoppable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marijuana Legalization May Be Unstoppable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marijuana Legalization May Be Unstoppable  (Read 6749 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: February 28, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »

Hey, I don't want my medicine taxed.  They don't tax other medicines do they? Pot should be kept medicinal. Smiley

Dude, it's already taxed! I am surprised you haven't noticed. I guess the pungent smell and plethora of weed distracted you? Tongue
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

Hey, I don't want my medicine taxed.  They don't tax other medicines do they? Pot should be kept medicinal. Smiley

Dude, it's already taxed! I am surprised you haven't noticed. I guess the pungent smell and plethora of weed distracted you? Tongue

I guess so. I never noticed a sales tax or anything being charged at the dispensary. Is it just built into the price?

I guess it usually is. Especially in tax averse Southern California I suppose.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:11:25 AM »

Oh, you most certainly do not have a prescription. You have a recommendation. Eric Holder will put your doctor in jail if he gave you a prescription. Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »

I hope not.  I am dead-set against legalizing marijuana, especially because I lost a cousin from a heroin addiction.  And medical marijuana is a complete and total joke.  Can't people find some other treatment for their pain or ailments instead?

Do you know what oxycodone is?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »

Oh, you most certainly do not have a prescription. You have a recommendation. Eric Holder will put your doctor in jail if he gave you a prescription. Smiley

Ah, I didn't understand that.

Please modify my inquiry into the medical basis of your respective doctor's "recommendations", accordingly.

I don't have a recommendation but I am familiar with the process. Most of it is bullsh**t. Do you have a problem with that? Why should these people be forced to go to the black market?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »

Actually chronic pain and MS are the two things for which there is great evidence for the use of marijuana.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »

10 dollar grams? Cheap stuff or high grade?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »

Just wanted to point out that many states with medical marijuana do require a very serious medical issue like cancer or HIV to get high. I don't understand why CA would create such a silly system in the first place. Why not just legalize and call it a day?  Marijuana laws are still oppressively enforced here in TN. It's way easier and safer to just tell a psych a sob story that gives you anxiety and then head to Walgreens for some xanax. Just get a haircut, dress conservatively, so they have no reason to believe you're a junkie.  Totally not addictive or dangerous Roll Eyes

I agree the system is silly but it's better than nothing. And in 1996 (and apparently 2010), nothing is what we would get. The marijuana trafficking into California from Mexico has essentially stopped. I think that's worth something.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies