Which states woud become Libertarian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which states woud become Libertarian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which states woud become Libertarian?  (Read 6401 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »

Perhaps states out West like Wyoming, Colorado, and Alaska would go Libertarian first. States like that have an independent streak to begin with. I'm sure some Northeastern states like New Hampshire and Maine would be within reach for the Libertarians.

Here is my map (using Independent "green" for Libertarian):

Democrats: 235 electoral votes
Republicans: 181 electoral votes
Libertarians: 122 electoral votes

I understand this scenario to be the first presidential election in which the Libertarians get a boost. They might not win on their first try, but they could very well win their next election in the national spotlight by building on their relatively successful showing as a third-party.

Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 12:31:41 AM »

Perhaps states out West like Wyoming, Colorado, and Alaska would go Libertarian first. States like that have an independent streak to begin with. I'm sure some Northeastern states like New Hampshire and Maine would be within reach for the Libertarians.

Here is my map (using Independent "green" for Libertarian):

Democrats: 235 electoral votes
Republicans: 181 electoral votes
Libertarians: 122 electoral votes

I understand this scenario to be the first presidential election in which the Libertarians get a boost. They might not win on their first try, but they could very well win their next election in the national spotlight by building on their relatively successful showing as a third-party.

In this case, it would need a runoff.

Indeed, it would be sent to the House of Representatives, but if the Libertarians are just becoming major players, it is unlikely that they will have a House majority.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies