Conservatives have been in denial about Virginia for years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:45:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Conservatives have been in denial about Virginia for years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives have been in denial about Virginia for years  (Read 8375 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: August 10, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »

No they haven't stop using selective articles to help yourself feel secure about the success of your party. It's like wishful thinking about having more money in the future. You're trolling.

Dude there's no reason not to feel secure about the future success of the Democratic Party in Virginia. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »

I certainly agree that the Obama phenomenon - unprecedented and and perhaps difficult to duplicate African-American turnout + plus exacerbated poor performance with Southern/Mountain/parts of the Midwest whites - means that the 2016 results could be hard to predict.  However, to suggest that Obama is the most important or overriding factor in Virginia, as opposed to the obvious large scale demographic changes taking place there is just erroneous. 

Such an analysis would be much more likely to 'work' for North Carolina than Virginia, where the inexorable grind of demographic improvement is less advanced and perhaps slightly slower, though in that case the disastrous state government could be the local issue that decides things.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »

Becoming more populist would seem to be the dominant strategy.  Reach out to Hispanic voters

What do you mean by populist?  If they're not going to move left of the Democratic Party they're not going to make sufficient inroads into the hispanic vote to win New Mexico or Nevada.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 06:11:59 AM »

New Mexico has now moved to solid Democrat.  Nevada is really there as well. 

Nevada is not Soild D. I don't why you D's think that. 

Hispanics, really, I suppose.  Demographic change.  Also lots of Blacks and Asians there.  The chance of a Republican victory there gets less and less with each election cycle - by 2016 it is fairly remote.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »

Nevada is not Soild D. I don't why you D's think that. 

Hispanics, really, I suppose.  Demographic change.  Also lots of Blacks and Asians there.  The chance of a Republican victory there gets less and less with each election cycle - by 2016 it is fairly remote.
I heard Romney got like 48% of the Asian Vote in 2012 in NV so that's not a impossible demographic for the R's there.

Pshaw, I'd wager he didn't get over 30% of Asians in Nevada, probably not even that.  Whats the source of your 'hearing' 48% voting Romney?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

Nevada Exit Polls

White (64%) = 56% Romney, 43% Obama
Hispanic (19%) = 71% Obama, 24% Romney
Black (9%) = 92% Obama, 6% Romney
Asian (5%) = 50% Obama, 47% Romney

Wow, that Asian vote is radically out of whack compared to the national number of 73 to 26 in favor of Obama.   Perhaps a mix of a very unusual mix of Asian ethnicities in NV and the inaccuracy of exit polls.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:10:56 AM »

A combination of whites getting more republican and Hispanics getting more republican will make Nevada a true swing state against like it was for the Bush elections.

Yeah but unfortunately for your side, the opposite trends are manifesting themselves, and more importantly, whites are declining significantly as a share of the electorate everywhere and particularly in states like Nevada.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

Yeah but unfortunately for your side, the opposite trends are manifesting themselves, and more importantly, whites are declining significantly as a share of the electorate everywhere and particularly in states like Nevada.

Whites are becoming increasingly unimportant and also becoming more conservative, or as you would put it "more racist". The emphasis for Hispanics will increase year by year for a while. And while it does, its important that either they vote more republican or whites vote republican enough to make up for their losses in the electorate.

The problem for you is this is extremely unlikely - like competing in a footrace where you have to go uphill and the other fellow is going downhill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies