Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:41:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN)  (Read 1776 times)
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« on: March 14, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Chairman, for this opportunity to express our ideas as Federalists.

I would like to express my personal concern on the issue of government spending in this nation. After reading some recent bills passed by the Senate, I've find worrying that new spending has been created to fund almost any funny thing that was found "nice" by our legislators. My fellow Federalists, isn't government's duty to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare, as it is written in the Constitution? Then why are many unnecessary laws and overspending being passed at the expense of the taxpayer? Why is the federal government taking over responsibilities that should remain in the hands of the people of Atlasia? Overspending isn't just an issue of balancing income and outcome, it also affects our daily lives by increasing inflation and weakening our economy, with low-income families being the most affected.

This is why I propose we address the fiscal responsibility issue, making it one of our priorities. It will not be about slashing working welfare programs, but about cutting unnecessary spending and giving the people of Atlasia an incentive to take more care about their own lives and the people around them. Right know the majority in the Senate doesn't seem to share this views, and neither the people of my region, the Northeast, seem to embrace them. But this is about our economy, our freedom and the strength of our nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies