What about Tom Ridge?? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What about Tom Ridge?? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about Tom Ridge??  (Read 3241 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:39:44 AM »

I think that McCain at least had a strong identity to run on.  Even Dole had a persona to run on.  Ridge manages to be nuanced and boring, which seems to be an electorally lethal combination -- especially if you have to break out of the second tier.

But Ridge was a governor (of a large state, no less) and held one of the "sexy" cabinet positions.  Again, however, I'm not sure that's the stuff people will be looking for. 

Yeah, he was a member of Bush's cabinet and his most well known acheivement is the creation of that color-coding system now regarded as a joke by almost everyone. That's a real winning resume.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:33 PM »

In 2012 it'll have been almost a decade since he held elected office. Quite pathetic if the GOP has to resort to THAT.

Yah yah, he had a cabinet position after that, I don't think serving in Bush's cabinet and creating the much mocked color-coding system is a huge plus.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »

Obama came to fame from that speech, but he was still in office and notable. What has Ridge done? Really, Ridge's best chance was 2000. He was in office as long as Bush was. 2004 if Gore had taken office? Maybe, if Romney and Huckabee could run in 2008 and be serious. 2008? Can anyone see him getting anywhere? Fred Thompson was out of office as long as I guess and he could've been a serious candidate if he actually tried, but he was filling a niche that Ridge obviously couldn't (A "true conservative".) 2012? Now he's beyond washed-up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies