School Uniforms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:37:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  School Uniforms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should they be required at all publicly-funded public schools, including colleges and universities?
Democrat -Yes

Democrat -No

Republican -Yes

Republican -No

independent/third party -Yes

independent/third party -No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: School Uniforms  (Read 13633 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: January 27, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »

I support them. I wore the whole hog- blazer, braiding, badges and tie! Most British schools still have them, and thos who had a lax policy on them have returned to them with strong support from their parents.

Even at universities?!

Btw, I love your 'Vichy Democrat' Frodo, it suits you to a T, uniform-facsist.  Here are some stylish uniforms for you, you individualism-hater:
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 08:44:52 AM »

In schools where different economic groups mix, clothes are often used as a measure of affluence and used to ostracize and exclude the kids who can't afford the better clothes.

Wearing the same clothes as their betters will not change the degraded status of poors, dazzleman. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Redistribution would help a lot more!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:36:23 PM »

Yeah, kids dress so creatively when they all wear the exact same style and fashion.

Except they don't.

I suspect the only youths Tredrick knows are the mall-type.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 09:02:04 AM »

Guys style:
-Jeans/Khakis with a polo/shirt (Prep)
-Some sort of skater ensemble with jeans and a hoodie/t-shirt (Skater)
-Hoodie and jeans/sweatpants (Poor)
-Polo/t-shirt/sweater and jeans (Normal)
-Wierd mix of various items, usually black (Goth)
-Wierd mix of various items (Punk)

That's not a very wide variation. I know I've seen a good number of t-shirts multiple times in a day, usually ones of bands or skate companies, occasionally a polo.

That's a pretty accurate run-down for a guy who doesn't notice such things.  But the truth is the only way to be at all 'different' in terms of clothing is to shop at thrift stores.  If you buy new, of course you're gonig to have the same shirt or trouser as a lot of other people. 

Am I the only guy in the country who wears cargo pants? Haven't worn jeans in years..

I like slacks and corderoys, as well as khakis, Akno.  Cargo pants are similar to khakis, I just don't like all those pockets.  But jeans just aren't very comfortable, generally.. I need a little more room!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies