Once New Orleans is restored, will Fred Phelps have the nerve to visit there? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Once New Orleans is restored, will Fred Phelps have the nerve to visit there? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Once New Orleans is restored, will Fred Phelps have the nerve to visit there?  (Read 1426 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 01, 2005, 12:10:28 AM »

On the face of it this seems absurd, since with proper federal funding it could be set right in short order, and provide a boost to the economy in doing so.  However with the current regime I suppose you may be right.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 12:33:48 AM »

BRTD, you are not trying to clandestinely build some strawman argument on this, are you? Wink  The guy is a nutjob- end of story.  This sick bastard gets kicks out of stirring up crap. It is best to ignore.

I think BRTD's point is the obvious one - that this fellow is very representative of the Religious Right and by extension the Republican viewpoint.  He may be a nutjob, but we're ruled by nutjobs, patrick1.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 12:38:35 AM »

BRTD, you are not trying to clandestinely build some strawman argument on this, are you? Wink  The guy is a nutjob- end of story.  This sick bastard gets kicks out of stirring up crap. It is best to ignore.

I think BRTD's point is the obvious one - that this fellow is very representative of the Religious Right and by extension the Republican viewpoint.  He may be a nutjob, but we're ruled by nutjobs, patrick1.

Well, you're ruled by imaginary demons in your head. The rest of us are in somewhat better shape.

I think it is fair to say that most republicans despise the residents of New Orleans, primarily for racist reasons, but also for moralistic ones.  Certainly I have heard nothing else from the Repubicans I know - parents, friends parents, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies