Opposing party: Who's nomination do you fear the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:13:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opposing party: Who's nomination do you fear the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opposing party: Who's nomination do you fear the most?  (Read 7400 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »

Electability:  Cuomo
Ideology:  Warren
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »

A Christie/Martinez ticket would be very formidable, though I don't know if he'd pick another governor with no foreign policy experience. Christie/Rice would be a great ticket if the base wasn't insane.

I don't think Christie/Rice would work because they're both former Bush appointees.  This is the same reason why I think an otherwise formidable ticket of Christie/Portman wouldn't work.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »

Does anyone care that Christie was a Bush appointed US Attorney? It's not like he was in his cabinet.

Yeah, no one except us political junkies will even know about it, much less care.

My point is that there are other political junkies who would be paid a lot of money to make sure the voters are aware of it and make out a case why it's bad for them.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »

Does anyone care that Christie was a Bush appointed US Attorney? It's not like he was in his cabinet.

Yeah, no one except us political junkies will even know about it, much less care.

My point is that there are other political junkies who would be paid a lot of money to make sure the voters are aware of it and make out a case why it's bad for them.

Well also not everyone from the Bush Administration is bad (See: Mitch Daniels, Pre-Bush Tom Ridge), just most of them.

I don't think being a Bush appointee is a bad thing at all.  I'm saying that a case could be made against it.

Just like a Jeb Bush candidacy could be torpedoed by his last name.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:41 PM »

I think Rubio is a lightweight himbo right now, but he has some time to prepare.

Yeah no doubt.  Check out my signature.  So much of what comes out of that guy's mouth is extremist boilerplate I just can't understand why people think he is going to be dynamite in the general.  You can't just pick ANY Hispanic guy and think that is going to solve your problem.  Anyone remember Sarah Palin?  How did that work out.

I disagree with your comparison because Marco Rubio is probably the best messenger the GOP has right now, regardless of ethnicity.  Palin, on the other hand, is one of our worst. 

I agree with you however that he might be a lightweight, but that's how we felt about Barack Obama and he's now headed into his 2nd presidential term.  Plus, Rubio will have had more experience than Obama should he choose to run in '16.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies