AL-Raycom News/Strategy Research: Moore +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:09:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AL-Raycom News/Strategy Research: Moore +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AL-Raycom News/Strategy Research: Moore +2  (Read 2364 times)
AtorBoltox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 03:13:41 AM »

IceSpear, you are a stain on the Alabama threads and a stain on the forum.
Wait, so IceSpear is a 'stain' on the threads full of paedophilia apologia?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 03:34:12 AM »

Man, never in a million years would I have predicted a sizable amount of Atlas users would get SO butthurt over someone saying the Republican candidate is going to win an Alabama Senate election, lol.

Well, you did singlehandely kill the Democratic Party in WV, and it appears you want to put the Democratic Party of AL in an even weaker position than it already is.

What I can say, is that Alabama does have a significant proportion of the population that used to work in the Coal Mines in Northern 'Bama (Like my buddy Ray born and bred in Tuscaloosa), the Blue Collar steel Mills of Birmingham, the shipyards of Mobile, where essentially Alabama played a key role in the Industrial Revolution within the former states of the Old Confederacy, even prior to the Civil War, and certainly benefited significantly under the New Deal of FDR.

So, here is a UMWA shirt dating back to the days of the '89 Pittston Coal Strike....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittston_Coal_strike

Now, interestingly enough, tons of Southern African-Americans left 'Bama starting in the '40s and for decades after moving to places like Detroit, Cinci, Oakland, etc...

Alabama went from being an heavily Black State State to being one of the "Whitest" States in the Deep South, because of that whole "Push-Pull Demographic Pattern"....

Now, fast forward to the '80s and 'Bama starts to actually experience a bit of net In-Migration for the first time in quite awhile, where folks start streaming into the Auto plants in places like Tuscaloosa and Madison County from elsewhere, as part of a Union-Busting, Double-Breasting, Manufacturing Parts Out-Sourcing Supply Chain Operation, to reduce their business costs against unfair trade practices coming from Asia and Europe, where beloved Ronald Reagan didn't lift a finger....

In the factory floor where I work, we all know how to "lift a finger" to that BS....

Ok--- all hyperbole aside, the Northern Yankee stereotype of Alabama does a deep disservice, to a state that sees itself as "New South" (And has done for quite some time, if I might add), and adds to the "Victim Complex", which has historical cultural legacies for generations among many White 'Bamans, which arguably started as the last ditch effort to protect a White Supremacist rule starting back in the days of  George Wallace.

Although long times are generally and frequently now forgotten among most voters in the State, there is still a residual cancer that still remains, especially among Older White voters of a certain generation.

Now idea how this wild card election will roll come December, but the pandering to Southern Resentment generally plays a bit better in 'Bama than most Southern States, regardless of the 70% of Alabama Voters that Completely or Partially agree with the Testimonials of the victims...

It will be interesting to see a poll after the Iron Bowl Weekend, now that the 14 year old victim has come forward publicly on National TV (Which will likely dominate Alabama Statewide news this Thanksgiving Weekend) to tell her story as a God fearing White Republican who talks intimately about her personal experience of being sexually assaulted by Moore...

This s**t is real folks, and it doesn't matter if it a Senior Democrat in places like California, Illinois, New York, nor Florida, let alone Republicans from basically the same states and then some others...

Still, here we have a Republican Party that in many cases is turning a Blind Eye at both the National and Statewide level against a candidate that has legitimate and validated evidence regarding sexual assault regarding minors....

Which side are you on 'Pubs, Which side are you on?Huh

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »

It is an extremely large sample size, which is obviously a plus

As I understand it, there is less difference in reliability between a sample size of 3,000 and one of (say) 1,000 than there is between samples of 1,000 and 500.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »

As I understand it, there is less difference in reliability between a sample size of 3,000 and one of (say) 1,000 than there is between samples of 1,000 and 500.
This.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »

Just like Jared Fogle, Moore likes his girls like he likes his subway sandwiches, 6 and 12.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »

Update....is Roy Moore allowed at the mall again?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

Man, never in a million years would I have predicted a sizable amount of Atlas users would get SO butthurt over someone saying the Republican candidate is going to win an Alabama Senate election, lol.

Well, you did singlehandely kill the Democratic Party in WV, and it appears you want to put the Democratic Party of AL in an even weaker position than it already is.

Lol. Can I at least take credit for Hillary winning Orange County and Gwinnett County then?

No, your actions only help republicans.
I had no idea IceSpear was so influential
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »

This.

Basically the MoE is a function of the square root of the respondents. That's why diminishing returns kicks in once you pass about 1 000 respondents.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »

This.

Basically the MoE is a function of the square root of the respondents. That's why diminishing returns kicks in once you pass about 1 000 respondents.

Should also note that the quoted MoE is statistical error only, and there's inevitably going to be some systematic error also, and you can't beat down the systematic error by having a larger sample size.  So that's all the more reason why having more than 1000 respondents doesn't gain you that much.  By the time you're pushing much above ~1000 or more, there's a good chance that your systematic error will be as big as your statistical error anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies