BC Election on October 24th (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:19:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BC Election on October 24th (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BC Election on October 24th  (Read 19666 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: September 25, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2020, 05:13:25 PM by warandwar »

Andrew Weaver who was leader of the Green Party until he resigned earlier this year has officially endorsed John Horgan and the NDP!
Huh. I took Weaver to be fairly right, but I guess he's Left compared to the membership?

Edit: ahhhh
Weaver left the Green caucus in January, citing family health problems. By then, the relationship had grown so bad that the door connecting Weaver’s legislature office to the Green office space was boarded up and he had to enter and exit by a separate hallway. He was symbolically and physically walled off from the party
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:19 AM »

Needs more Lotuslander
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »

I think with or without this video Jane Thornwaite could lose her seat.  NDP are far enough ahead that normally safe BC Liberal ridings will come into play.  Agree it will probably flip back to BC Liberals in 2024 regardless of outcome, but I suspect this election you will see a few previously safe BC Liberal ridings go NDP.

My riding Vancouver-False Creek a decade ago was a very safe BC Liberal one.  BC Liberals beat NDP by 2 to 1 margin in 2009, but barely hung on in 2017 and pretty sure it will flip NDP. 
Kits Point and the District of North Van going NDP is really something else.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:43:00 PM »

Liberal MLA Laurie Throness voluntarily stepped down as a liberal candidate after equating free birth control with eugenics at a local candidate debate. His name will remain on the ballot though.
PhD in history from Cambridge lol.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

The whelk stall is on unceded land, i presume.

I don't know if "more radical" is the right term, but the sort of person who would see the Liberals as sensible forward thinking moderates in the 90s was very much put off by them this time (confidential source in Kits Point liked Sam Sullivan but voted for "the Party").

I imagine much of this is tied into the lack of trade union militancy. Glen Clark was to the right of Horgan, i'd reckon
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies