Atlas members worse than holocaust deniers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:00:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas members worse than holocaust deniers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Atlas members worse than holocaust deniers  (Read 4510 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »

Libertas was an actual holocaust denier.

I don't think that's true - though now someone will probably come along and call me a "holocaust denier denier." 
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »

Excessive hyperbole much.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »

Jesus, this is worse than *my* threads.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »

The fact that a Dane and an Italian/French guy are belittling the Holocaust is not lost on me.

But then, a Dane and an Italian/French guy accusing me of complacence in a major crisis might be enough to open my eyes... after all, it takes one to know one Wink

Oh, here comes the personal attack based on nationality, too! Your arguing skills keep improving.
I like how, despite the type of person you claim yourself to be, you literally have no idea why I might be upset with you.

If you wanna believe I'm an ignorant stube... more power to you.  I've survived Atlas this long without your approval.. I'm sure I can continue to do so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »

The fact that a Dane and an Italian/French guy are belittling the Holocaust is not lost on me.

But then, a Dane and an Italian/French guy accusing me of complacence in a major crisis might be enough to open my eyes... after all, it takes one to know one Wink

Oh, here comes the personal attack based on nationality, too! Your arguing skills keep improving.
I like how, despite the type of person you claim yourself to be, you literally have no idea why I might be upset with you.

No, I've perfectly understood that for some reason you took a general point criticizing climate change denial as a personal attack against you. I don't know if you realize that if everyone overreacted like you did to statements critical of a view that one happens to support, political debate would be impossible...

What "type of person" do I "claim myself to be", BTW? I'm curious.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

there are a few interesting holocaust revisionists.  David Cole one of them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »

I think Gustaf accused me of being a holocaust denier once.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »

Considering your ancestry.. i sometimes wonder too.  Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »

No, I've perfectly understood that for some reason you took a general point criticizing climate change denial as a personal attack against you. I don't know if you realize that if everyone overreacted like you did to statements critical of a view that one happens to support, political debate would be impossible...

You claim it's not a big deal while at the same time fully legitimizing the question.

Perhaps I should ask a question of similar quality like

"What is more harmful?  Climate alarmists?  Or the Jews that were forced to help gas the other Jews at Auschwitz?"

The fact that you legitimized such a retarded question by trying to be all "reasonable" and "moderate hero" about it is what pissed me off. 

And the type of person you claim to be is the objective but emotional and passionate guy fighting for equity as well as equality.

Instead you lob insults while acting outraged when insults are lobbed back.. and then performing the old "2nd grade comeback" routine.. "but you're just dumb and you can't argue so NEENER NEENER NEENER"... seriously dude...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »

You claim it's not a big deal while at the same time fully legitimizing the question.

Perhaps I should ask a question of similar quality like

"What is more harmful?  Climate alarmists?  Or the Jews that were forced to help gas the other Jews at Auschwitz?"

The fact that you legitimized such a retarded question by trying to be all "reasonable" and "moderate hero" about it is what pissed me off. 

And the type of person you claim to be is the objective but emotional and passionate guy fighting for equity as well as equality.

Instead you lob insults while acting outraged when insults are lobbed back.. and then performing the old "2nd grade comeback" routine.. "but you're just dumb and you can't argue so NEENER NEENER NEENER"... seriously dude...

Asking whether a political/policy-related view is or isn't harmful is a perfectly legitimate question. If you're so upset by it, you are clearly not suited for a political forum.

I find it bizarre that you have taken this question as a personal attack, as if you had made of climate change denial a defining element of your personal identity. Well, that's not how it work. There is a pretty clear difference between attacking someone for a view he holds and attacking someone because he's a Jew, a French/Italian or whatever. You choose your political views and, by engaging in a political debate, you implicitly accept to be held accountable for these views by people who disagree with them. Political views can, sometimes, be harmful - this is so obvious that I hope I don't need to cite examples... It is therefore absolutely legitimate to discuss whether a particular view should be considered harmful or not. You have every right to disagree with that characterization, but you have absolutely no valid reason to throw a hissy fit as if calling your views dangerous was somehow an insult to you as a person.

I am baffled by your attitude, honestly. There have been so many posters whose views have been attacked in much harsher ways that Politicus' topic, and yet they were able to make a difference between policy debate and personal attacks. I don't know why climate change strikes such a deep chord in your emotions, to the point of overreacting so ridiculously, but you need to understand that you have absolutely no reason to get outraged. And BTW, I still considered you a valuable poster despite disagreeing with you on climate change... until you started throwing 2nd grade-level insults at everybody following this thread. There are many people I strongly disagree with and still get along well. What I have a hard time getting along with is your sheer irrationality and mind-boggling outrage.

I certainly don't see myself as "fighting" for anything, let alone equity or equality. I'm just a dude on an internet forum who wants to share his perspective on political issues and debates without being attacked by oversensitive climate change deniers. I certainly believe, like everybody, that my views are right and that the political ideas I espouse are the ones most conform to justice, but I don't see how that makes me particularly self-righteous or anything.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »

SawxDem is pretty awful... always faceswapping people and being disgusting on IRC.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 12:59:14 AM »

SawxDem is pretty awful... always faceswapping people and being disgusting on IRC.

Yeah, that guy is a degenerate hedonistic bastard.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 04:39:46 AM »

Atlas membership is worse than holocaust denial.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »

No it's not.  Snowguy is a part of the foundation of this forum.  He's allowed to completely lose his mind periodically and make weird threads.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »

I believe it's more superfluous than weird, with the inspiring thread being straight up deluge material in and of itself.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »

I believe it's more superfluous than weird, with the inspiring thread being straight up deluge material in and of itself.

Can you paste it here, bro.  I can't find it.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173265.0
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:55 AM »

Ok friend, thanks.  I'm not sure why the fussaria here.....I don't think that thread was sooo bad.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »

Lief stated his support for killing Jews in general, but that's more being pro-Holocaust than Holocaust denying. So I apologize if I ever said that. Might have been a slip of the tongue if I did.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »

Lief stated his support for killing Jews in general, but that's more being pro-Holocaust than Holocaust denying. So I apologize if I ever said that. Might have been a slip of the tongue if I did.
Well, not that I believe Lief is pro-holocaust... but I think we can all agree on at least one thing:

Being pro-holocaust is definitely more dangerous than denying the holocaust.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »

I guess the point is 1) Snowguy (and his ilk, like his useful idiot Torie) don't know what they are talking about when it comes to climate change, and they are as wrong and clueless as Palin was about, well - most everything, and 2) if we don't embrace the Green Revolution right this instant, and throw trillions at it, we are all going to die, or suffer grievously, while Hitler just offed six million Jews, and twenty million Russians, along with a few million Germans and Brits and Americans and what not, and that is but pocket change compared to the whole  planet frying, and beyond that, Hitler's dead, and we can't unwind the past, so to deny the Holocaust is no big hoot, while the planet is just there waiting to be saved.

Am I missing anything, or does that sum it up?

I don't really know what's going on here, so I'm not sure if that sums up anything, Torie.  What I can tell you is that the first paragraph above is one sentence that clocks in, on my browser, at a little over seven lines long.  You keep that up and we're going to be forced to make you an honorary German, whether you deny the Holocaust or not.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »

I guess the point is 1) Snowguy (and his ilk, like his useful idiot Torie) don't know what they are talking about when it comes to climate change, and they are as wrong and clueless as Palin was about, well - most everything, and 2) if we don't embrace the Green Revolution right this instant, and throw trillions at it, we are all going to die, or suffer grievously, while Hitler just offed six million Jews, and twenty million Russians, along with a few million Germans and Brits and Americans and what not, and that is but pocket change compared to the whole  planet frying, and beyond that, Hitler's dead, and we can't unwind the past, so to deny the Holocaust is no big hoot, while the planet is just there waiting to be saved.

Am I missing anything, or does that sum it up?

I don't really know what's going on here, so I'm not sure if that sums up anything, Torie.  What I can tell you is that the first paragraph above is one sentence that clocks in, on my browser, at a little over seven lines long.  You keep that up and we're going to be forced to make you an honorary German, whether you deny the Holocaust or not.

Watch out, he may go Lebensraum all over your account.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »

I'm objectively rather awful, especially based on that anti-Semitic ramble which Scott just had to leak, as well as an array of other racist, sexist (against both genders!), and just plain awful things I've said on the IRC (usually not in seriousness).
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »

I guess the point is 1) Snowguy (and his ilk, like his useful idiot Torie) don't know what they are talking about when it comes to climate change, and they are as wrong and clueless as Palin was about, well - most everything, and 2) if we don't embrace the Green Revolution right this instant, and throw trillions at it, we are all going to die, or suffer grievously..

I know this is an old thread and you are being polemical here, but the idea that doing something about climate change is going to be extremely costly is plain wrong. Seen in a long term perspective the costs will be relatively limited. Not doing anything will be far more costly.

The changes related to creating a sustainable economy will create business opportunities in new industries (and is already doing so) and avoid economic loss related to loss of agricultural land, flooding, desert spread etc. in the future. Its economically prudent and vital for long term growth to do something about climate change.

The whole "this is just doomsday preaching" line is tiresome. 

Climate change will increase the over all conflict level in the world and make living conditions worse for large parts of the world, but we are obviously not all going to die. This demonising of concern for climate change as alarmist and Armageddon prophecies is plain wrong. We are talking about a rational estimation of a problem and its potentially very serious consequences, not doomsday preaching.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »

I'm a Greenpeace member, and I think denying climate change is very, very, veeery dangerous. But I don't think Snowguy is, I'm sure he's reasonable enough not to completely deny it, and, what's more important, I'm sure he realizes we, humans, have something to do with the fact that our wonderful Planet is ill.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies