Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:40:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129985 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:07 PM »

What is "Kenya move in beta"?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1576 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:05 PM »

Will the skills you learn in OKC between now and Kenya be relevant when you move? Or will they just be sunk costs?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1577 on: March 18, 2013, 11:22:24 PM »

When a tech guru develops new software, they will sometimes release the software to a select group of individuals or consumers in "beta" form before they release it to the general public.

I will go to Kenya for 4-6 weeks without the comfort of a team and experience living down there to see if I would like it before committing to moving down there full time.  I know its cheesy, but I'm calling it "Kenya Move in Beta".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1578 on: March 18, 2013, 11:24:30 PM »

When a tech guru develops new software, they will sometimes release the software to a select group of individuals or consumers in "beta" form before they release it to the general public.

I will go to Kenya for 4-6 weeks without the comfort of a team and experience living down there to see if I would like it before committing to moving down there full time.  I know its cheesy, but I'm calling it "Kenya Move in Beta".

It's amazing how you're insistent about committing to certain things, but not others, without any sort of logical pattern.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1579 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:35 PM »

Will the skills you learn in OKC between now and Kenya be relevant when you move? Or will they just be sunk costs?

CAD is in the Architectural/Construction genre and is used to develop designs and eventually blueprints for buildings or new structures.  Those kind of skills should be useful in any first or second world country, or even higher end third world.  Nairobi is definitely lower end first world, higher end second world and Downtown Kisumu is second world with a little first world mixed in.  Other parts of both cities are, of course, definitely third world, but especially Nairobi is mostly lower end first world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1580 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »

It's amazing how you're insistent about committing to certain things, but not others, without any sort of logical pattern.

My parents and I still have the same plan that we developed a month ago when I came home.  Everything is going according to that plan and the plan ultimately leads to Kenya.  So, even what I am doing now, is in preparation for the time when I do move.  It may be unconventional and unorthodox, but the plan is working.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1581 on: March 18, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »

So, you can confirm you will not actually be looking for a job between now and this summer? Just so I can quit harping on it.. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1582 on: March 18, 2013, 11:41:14 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2013, 11:43:17 PM by Easter Bushie »

So, you can confirm you will not actually be looking for a job between now and this summer? Just so I can quit harping on it.. Tongue

My parents want me to wait until after I get through with this program which will take 7 months to complete so I can focus on school and so I don't get stuck in another gas-money job and damage my resume even further.  So, I am actually going to wait not until July, but until March 2014 when I should be working with my CAD education.  Again, I know its unconventional and unorthodox, but it is the plan that we have set in motion and so far the plan is working.

Now, I've come out with my plans, so I'm bracing for more chewing...

The only thing that can change that is if Dell were to call me back.

We will review the plan again in July to see if any changes need to be made.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1583 on: March 19, 2013, 12:14:39 AM »

Wait... your plan is to be unemployed through March 2014?  If that's your parents' plan... yikes.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1584 on: March 19, 2013, 12:25:07 AM »

My parents want me to wait until after I get through with this program which will take 7 months to complete so I can focus on school and so I don't get stuck in another gas-money job and damage my resume even further.  So, I am actually going to wait not until July, but until March 2014 when I should be working with my CAD education.  Again, I know its unconventional and unorthodox, but it is the plan that we have set in motion and so far the plan is working.

Wait, if you're not looking for work, then why did you just submit a bunch of job applications?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1585 on: March 19, 2013, 05:55:09 AM »

Wait... your plan is to be unemployed through March 2014?  If that's your parents' plan... yikes.

He's in school for gosh sakes, Inks.  People shouldn't work while studying - it is terribly distracting (and one of the main problems with the shoddy American educational system).

I whole heartedly back your (and your parent's) plan, Bushie. What is a 'CAD'?  Similar to a BOUNDER?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1586 on: March 19, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »

....  People shouldn't work while studying - it is terribly distracting (and one of the main problems with the shoddy American educational system).

Isn't the above what you really meant opebo? Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1587 on: March 19, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »

He's in school for gosh sakes, Inks.  People shouldn't work while studying - it is terribly distracting (and one of the main problems with the shoddy American educational system).

I whole heartedly back your (and your parent's) plan, Bushie. What is a 'CAD'?  Similar to a BOUNDER?

He's in school?  He's actually been accepted and is taking classes?  That's news to me...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1588 on: March 19, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »

Even if he was in school, he sure as hell could work at least 10-20 hours, if not more.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1589 on: March 19, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »

Even if he was in school, he sure as hell could work at least 10-20 hours, if not more.

I don't know how American universities work...but I would have great difficulty working 20 hours a week and still managing full time studies.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1590 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »

I don't know how American universities work...but I would have great difficulty working 20 hours a week and still managing full time studies.

I took 15 credits, did my senior research project, ran the College Republicans (about 10 hours a week), and drove home every weekend to work... it's doable.  Granted, not everyone can do it, and it exhausted me, but it's doable.

That being said, I'm not sure how a technical school compares to a university in terms of workload.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1591 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

Meh, I worked 20 hours last semester while taking graduate level courses. I am also in a leadership position in a professional organization. It's not easy though, and my studies did suffer which is why I cut it down to 12 hours this semester. Still, I think Bushie should be able to manage 10-15 hours at the least. That would pay for his food and perhaps gas.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1592 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »

That being said, I'm not sure how a technical school compares to a university in terms of workload.

A girl at my work is doing a Kaplan course for paralegal studies. She also works 40 hours a week.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1593 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »

And let's remember... he's not even enrolled yet.  To my knowledge, he hasn't even applied to a school.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1594 on: March 19, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »

And let's remember... he's not even enrolled yet.  To my knowledge, he hasn't even applied to a school.

Correct, I am going to call the school this week and figure out what i need to do.  I will likely look for at least a part time job in July after I get back.  There is no way I would even allow the plan if I could not at least look for a part time job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1595 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »

Correct, I am going to call the school this week and figure out what i need to do.  I will likely look for at least a part time job in July after I get back.  There is no way I would even allow the plan if I could not at least look for a part time job.

If you were offered a job today, would you take it and not go to Kenya?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1596 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:38 AM »

I think he answered that for us. The real question is, whether BushOK has actually been applying or is lying about that too. It's clear he doesn't intend to work until July at the earliest. It's all part of the "plan."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1597 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

I think he answered that for us. The real question is, whether BushOK has actually been applying or is lying about that too. It's clear he doesn't intend to work until July at the earliest. It's all part of the "plan."

I want him to give a straightforward answer of if he would turn down a job if it was offered to him.  Furthermore, I'd like to hear why he would do such a thing, if that's his plan.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1598 on: March 19, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »

I want him to give a straightforward answer of if he would turn down a job if it was offered to him.  Furthermore, I'd like to hear why he would do such a thing, if that's his plan.

Because he wants to go to Kenya. (Which I fully understand, and I have sympathy for the American underclass that has to fear losing their job over a 10 day trip... Wink). It'd just be easier for him to admit it, though.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1599 on: March 19, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »

Also, I bet he's still drinking V8 rather than water.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies