Mark Halperin: Press hostility to Clinton to be even greater than in 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:41:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Mark Halperin: Press hostility to Clinton to be even greater than in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mark Halperin: Press hostility to Clinton to be even greater than in 2008  (Read 2615 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 07:12:44 AM »

Not in the GE.
DS0816
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »

Advice: Don't pay attention to Mark Halperin!

Disregard him equally as much as rejecting Maureen Dowd.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 11:06:51 AM »

t exactly a secret that the press was solidly on Obama's side in the 2008 Dem primary. It was so blatantly obvious that those noted Hillary hacks over at SNL even parodied it.

The Clintons brought negative media attention on themselves through race baiting attacks on Sen. Obama -- not too mention their horrendous surrogates like Geraldine Ferraro, Terry McAuliffe and worst of all President Clinton.

And The Chosen One was immune from race baiting as well with surrogates like Reverend Wright, right? Give me a break. It's funny how people are channeling Geraldine Ferraro's remarks seven years later and they don't get tarnished and lambasted as racist for saying that African Americans only voted so heavily for Obama in the primary because he's black, and how there's a certain "segment" of black voters who will magically vote Republican once a non-black candidate is nominated. It seems to be conventional wisdom among certain posters on here that Hillary will not capture the 94-96 percent of the African American vote that Obama did. Gee, I wonder why. Why is that not racist to say now, yet seven years ago when others suggested it, they were smeared and crucified for "racism?" I love how the "media" concluded that states that delivered strong wins for Hillary (Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky) only did so out of racism, yet in states where African Americans made up a majority of the Democratic electorate, their votes were honored as "historic."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

t exactly a secret that the press was solidly on Obama's side in the 2008 Dem primary. It was so blatantly obvious that those noted Hillary hacks over at SNL even parodied it.

The Clintons brought negative media attention on themselves through race baiting attacks on Sen. Obama -- not too mention their horrendous surrogates like Geraldine Ferraro, Terry McAuliffe and worst of all President Clinton.

And The Chosen One was immune from race baiting as well with surrogates like Reverend Wright, right? Give me a break.

Reverend Wright was an Obama surrogate? In what dimension?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

Depends. I could easily see them taking Hillary's side over a Cruz, maybe even a Walker, but Jeb? The guy's a media darling. I'd be very shocked if they didn't back him over Hillary.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »

They'll give him the McCain treatment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »

Rand Paul is actually a media darling because his stance on NSA and whistleblowers. He would likely be given the Obama 2008 treatment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »

They'll give him the McCain treatment.

I guess the question would be whether the media still would've turned on McCain had Hillary won the primary instead.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies