Paradox Interactive Games Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:53:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paradox Interactive Games Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Games Thread  (Read 37761 times)
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:16 AM »
« edited: July 23, 2020, 02:13:28 AM by W »

I've been very into Paradox games since I got Vicky 2 when I was 11 years old. I have around 3500 hours in HOI4 and also program mods for it in my spare time, some of which have had mild success but nothing too major. Love tinkering with files and bitmap images to see what abominations I can make.

I am admittedly horrible at EU4 but doing my best to get better. Probably fairly mediocre at CK2 but pretty good at HOI4 Vicky2 and Imperator.

Anyways interesting "exploit"/secret in the most recent HOI4 DLC, during the war as Nazi Germany do the permit recruiting in occupied countries decision and take the third option to recruit for the Wehrmacht. This will tick off the SS leadership so then take all the options to not do anything about SS disloyalty and eventually Himmler will make an attempt on Hitler's life. There is only a 30% chance it will succeed, but if it does not you can let Himmler off and repeat the process. Eventually once Hitler is dead you can ask the Wehrmacht to take control and July 20th plot conspirator Gunther von Kluge will become Germany's non-aligned leader and you can join the Allies to fend off the very minor fascist civil war this event triggers. That way you can keep all the territory you lost and once the war ends you can even flip back to fascist if you so choose and go for round 2. Not incredibly useful but a very fun game to play if you wanna do an Italy-esque "switching sides" thing or just don't want to lose your land in an inevitable peace conference.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »

We did it everyone! CK3 is out and it does not suck! Been playing since the second it installed (no preinstalling for Paradox games since they really don't have any piracy checks) and having a wonderful time! It's a bit of a different feel than CK2 and missing some of the features I liked most, however it is growing on me and is absolutely worth the buy. Scared to see how much DLC will cost.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies