Houston clears Planned Parenthood... and indicts prolife activists instead. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Houston clears Planned Parenthood... and indicts prolife activists instead. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Houston clears Planned Parenthood... and indicts prolife activists instead.  (Read 2754 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 27, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »

As I said, right wingers don't understand the concepts of legal and illegal.  You don't run a country based on what each individual determines in their head is right and wrong.  That is called anarchy.  Democrats support what we call laws.

I'm very far left. I just know that abortion is wrong.

And of course law and order isn't really the root issue here anyway. Unless one is taking an extremely strict stance on submission to authorities, they will make allowances to break the law in cases of grave injustice.

The real question here is if abortion is the murder of an innocent person. Schadenfreude could of course bite the bullet and argue that say, Rosa Parks should be condemned along with these pro life activists for civil disobedience, but barring something like that,  his law and order argument is inconsistent.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Isn't this the same court that ruled it okay for the city government to edit homosexuality being a sin out of pastor's sermons? I believe it requires a new trial to press new charges, unless this was a hearing on the matter and not a trial.

Lol, what?

Those are two separate things. I short-ramble.

I remember the City of Houston trying to subpoena conservative ministers' sermons. What's the other thing?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies