How likely do you think it is... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:35:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How likely do you think it is... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How likely do you think it is...  (Read 1926 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »

something I don't get: why do people say Lieberman might 'switch' because he can't win a Dem primary. That already happened. He switch from Dem to Indy because he lost the primary, and he won as an Indy. He's going to stay an indy. He'd have no chance to win in either a Dem or Rep primary after he angered both sides on healthcare. 

Well that depends on what the Republicans do.  If the GOP nominates anyone that is even remotely more serious of a candidate than Schelsinger then it complicates things a bit more for Lieberman as an Indy.  Keep in mind the main reason why Lieberman came out on top in the General is because the GOP basically did not even have a candidate.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:53:19 AM »

something I don't get: why do people say Lieberman might 'switch' because he can't win a Dem primary. That already happened. He switch from Dem to Indy because he lost the primary, and he won as an Indy. He's going to stay an indy. He'd have no chance to win in either a Dem or Rep primary after he angered both sides on healthcare. 

Well that depends on what the Republicans do.  If the GOP nominates anyone that is even remotely more serious of a candidate than Schelsinger then it complicates things a bit more for Lieberman as an Indy.  Keep in mind the main reason why Lieberman came out on top in the General is because the GOP basically did not even have a candidate.

What serious candidates do Republicans have in Connecticut?  I doubt Rell wants to return to politics. Maybe Rob Simmons would give it another run?

I didn't say they needed to have a serious candidate.  I said more serious than Schelsinger Smiley a dirty sock would meet that criteria
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies