Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:07:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread  (Read 11675 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:26:17 AM »

"Nutjob Comes is trying to smear my amazingly tremendous campaign. Fake news media is covfefe. I won Michigan, Wisconsin, & Pennsylvania."
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »

How do you guys like your nothingburger done?  I'm a medium rare guy myself.  Tongue

You're sweating, aren't you?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »

The picture he's painting of Trump is not good at all.

Trump looks even more like a lying baby incapable of making well thought out decisions.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »

They happen to disagree with their recollection of the details of the events that occurred.

I would like to see Trump testify under oath about all of this too.

It isn't a disagreement if they have different recollections; one of them is lying.  Which one?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »

Rubio killed it, Comey verifies that it's a nothingburger and Dems are losing again. Not that I told ya...

Hm.....I didn't get that at all.

Are we watching the same testimony?

Is there an alternate feed, with alternate dialogue somewhere?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »

I seriously cannot fathom why so many still think we shouldn't be investigating this, that it's a witch hunt, etc.

Do you people not realize that it is FACT that Russia interfered with the election, and that is in itself an aggressive move on par with an act of war?  Why should we NOT be investigating this to the fullest extent of the law?  If either campaign had ANYTHING to do with this, our officials are honor-bound to find out, and you are honor-bound to denounce said campaign, even if you supported it during the election.  Anything less than that is truly unpatriotic, and borderline treasonous.  This goes so far beyond simple politics and partisan fighting.  It challenges the very fundamentals of our government, our elections, and each citizen's own integrity.  I'm going so far as to call any American who opposes this investigation a traitor.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »

Is that not believable though? That isn't to say that his underlings like Flynn are necessarily guilt-free, but from what I can gather, President Trump seemed oblivious that a request such as the alleged one he made falls far away from his powers to grant pardon or clemency. There is a reason why Comey can't really obtain proof of intent after all?

How can a person be so stupid as to think asking the head of the FBI to end an investigation into them, and then firing them for not listening, was not against the law? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. That is basic common sense, and if he is literally that dumb, he needs to be removed from office on that count alone.

I think he is that stupid.  Why else would he admit to Lester Holt in public that he was thinking Russia when he fired Comey?  Again, I'll quote from that Chait piece on this from last month:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/trump-firing-comey-biggest-political-crisis-since-watergate.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Even if Trump is that stupid (I believe he is too), that does not excuse any obstruction of justice he may or may not have performed.

It does not make him any less guilty.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »

Trump can say Comey was lying all he wants.  But the fact is, it means absolutely nothing until he himself goes under oath to denounce it all.  At that time, we'll have to decide who is telling the truth and who isn't.  But at the moment, Comey's testimony is credible and the only such we have on record, leaving the president looking even more like a liar than he did before and without a leg to stand on.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

Trump can say Comey was lying all he wants.  But the fact is, it means absolutely nothing until he himself goes under oath to denounce it all.  At that time, we'll have to decide who is telling the truth and who isn't.  But at the moment, Comey's testimony is credible and the only such we have on record, leaving the president looking even more like a liar than he did before and without a leg to stand on.
So does that belief extend to the portions involving Loretta Lynch attempting to shut down the Clinton investigation? I'm curious.

I missed the parts about Lynch, but if she tried to do virtually the same thing Trump tried doing, then of course the same applies.  This isn't rocket science, and it isn't politics--obstruction is a very serious crime and it shouldn't be tolerated (even if the person doing the obstructing was too dumb to know what they were doing).

But anyway, Comey's word under oath stands until the president either challenges the testimony under oath himself, or offers some shred of proof that Comey was lying under oath--and then this becomes a different discussion.  But until that happens, Trump remaining president is dangerous.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »

So it's probably very unlikely there are no tapes like Trump said, to confirm his and Comey's conversations.

If Trump lies under oath, how can anybody prove him wrong?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies