Right to Work map in 2025 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Right to Work map in 2025 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right to Work map in 2025  (Read 5357 times)
Kevinstat

« on: May 08, 2018, 09:27:40 PM »

It’s only gonna get worse under a President Harris or Booker.
I don't like either of them, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The worst thing that they would do is do absolutely nothing to stop it. They are not going to sign a national right to work law.
Maybe BernieBro's saying there would be a really bad midterm for Dems if either of them were President that resulted in pro-RTW trifectas in more states.  Only 22 states were "Right to Work" states at the start of the Obama administration, while 26 states were at the end and two more states passed and the Governor signed "Right to Work" laws in the following year.  It's currently postponed in Missouri pending a voter-forced referendum (but there a "Yes" vote will be in favor of the bill being challenged, like in California but unlike in Maine) that will be held probably in November of this year.
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2018, 08:32:26 PM by Kevinstat »

It’s only gonna get worse under a President Harris or Booker.
I don't like either of them, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The worst thing that they would do is do absolutely nothing to stop it. They are not going to sign a national right to work law.
Maybe BernieBro's saying there would be a really bad midterm for Dems if either of them were President that resulted in pro-RTW trifectas in more states.  Only 22 states were "Right to Work" states at the start of the Obama administration, while 26 states were at the end and two more states passed and the Governor signed "Right to Work" laws in the following year.  It's currently postponed in Missouri pending a voter-forced referendum (but there a "Yes" vote will be in favor of the bill being challenged, like in California but unlike in Maine) that will be held probably in November of this year.
But implying that pro-RTW trifectas would be less likely under another Democratic President doesn't make sense. A midterm might go just as poorly.
I'm saying pro-RTW trifectas might be more likely under a Democratic President if that President is very unpopular at the time of a biennial election.  I thought that might have been what BernieBro was getting at.  I assumed he meant "worse" as in "more 'Right to Work' states" (I mean, with a username like "BernieBro", I just assumed).  I agree that's not necessarily the case.  2002 was pretty good for Republicans, but it was nothing like 2010 (or 2014).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies