Bernie Sanders bullied off stage by black lives matter protesters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:53:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders bullied off stage by black lives matter protesters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders bullied off stage by black lives matter protesters  (Read 19828 times)
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/250667-protesters-interrupt-bernie-sanders-rally

He didn't even get out a word.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »

You would think that BLM would adore candidates Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley. They gave the same treatment to Martin O'Malley when he said "all lives matter." I'm starting to wonder if this group is really for equality as much as it claims.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 07:52:51 PM by (CT) The Free North »

1) It paints your movement in an extremely negative light. How many supporters do you think this has gained you?

2) YOU ARE PICKING ON THE WRONG PERSON. Where are these fools when Trump or Bush speak?

Honestly, their actions are mind-numbingly counter-productive.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »

Hillary supporters are the worst.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:53:06 PM »

Black lives matter movement is such a joke.

Are they gonna make Sanders apologize next for being white and being a jew who supports Israel?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »

You would think that BLM would adore candidates Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley. They gave the same treatment to Martin O'Malley when he said "all lives matter." I'm starting to wonder if this group is really for equality as much as it claims.

Tbf, Martin o'malley's stewardship of Baltimore left a lot to be desired in that respect.

I don't see why Sanders or any "liberal" should be given a free pass.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »

Text from article for lazy people :

"Protesters who claimed affiliation with the Black Lives Matter movement stormed the stage during a rally for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in Seattle on Saturday, taking over the microphone and forcing Sanders to leave without ever speaking.

Moments after Sanders took the stage at Westlake Park, two women and one man climbed the stage and confronted the Democratic presidential candidate, demanding a chance to speak.

After several moments of confusion and confrontation, an event organizer took the microphone and said the protesters would be allowed to speak before Sanders. Some in the crowd booed.

One protester, who identified herself as Marissa Johnson, began by saying, “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.”
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »

Tbf, Martin o'malley's stewardship of Baltimore left a lot to be desired in that respect.

I don't see why Sanders or any "liberal" should be given a free pass.

He shouldn't, but the fact that this has happened to him almost exclusively is absurd considering the slew of candidates running this cycle.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »

As a Hillary supporter I think it's hillarious watching Sanders repeatedly get interrupted. But looking at his record, they shouldn't be going after him.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »

Ok I saw this at netroots and now I'm seeing it in the comment section of that article as well.

Why do so many Sanders supporters accuse these BLM protesters of being paid off by the Hillary camp to discredit Sanders?
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »

"Protesters who claimed affiliation with the Black Lives Matter movement stormed the stage during a rally for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in Seattle on Saturday, taking over the microphone and forcing Sanders to leave without ever speaking.

Moments after Sanders took the stage at Westlake Park, two women and one man climbed the stage and confronted the Democratic presidential candidate, demanding a chance to speak.

After several moments of confusion and confrontation, an event organizer took the microphone and said the protesters would be allowed to speak before Sanders. Some in the crowd booed.

One protester, who identified herself as Marissa Johnson, began by saying, “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.

Hahahahaha.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »

One protester, who identified herself as Marissa Johnson, began by saying, “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.

Hahahahaha.

I can't even........I can't even begin to think of a response for that LOL
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 08:09:09 PM »

.... At least the Tea Party doesn't basically grab Cruz and push him off the stage.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 08:11:38 PM »

Black lives matter movement is such a joke.

Are they gonna make Sanders apologize next for being white and being a jew who supports Israel?

This may be the first time I actually side with Sanders supporters, but these protesters really show their own ignorance and racism by doing this. I guess because Sanders is white and doesn't bow down to their movement, he's considered a racist. Isn't BLM just wonderful?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »

The BLM has been taken over my extremists who seem to think that ONLY black lives matter and that if anyone else is impacted it doesn't matter UNLESS they're black. Look how they're treating all the candidates because they want unity when they say ALL LIVES MATTER.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »

The BLM has been taken over my extremists who seem to think that ONLY black lives matter and that if anyone else is impacted it doesn't matter UNLESS they're black. Look how they're treating all the candidates because they want unity when they say ALL LIVES MATTER.

You can't deny a lot of them come off extreme. In my opinion due to both the media and conspiracies spread around online, many BLM don't believe authority doesn't respect them as people. I think a good chunk of them agree "all lives matter" it's just they're tired of racism and police brutality. Yes, i understand people would disagree with them and so forth. It just pure raw emotion.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »

I can't even........I can't even begin to think of a response for that LOL

This is what happens when Tumblr gets involved with Politics.

.... At least the Tea Party doesn't basically grab Cruz and push him off the stage.

Agreed.

This may be the first time I actually side with Sanders supporters, but these protesters really show their own ignorance and racism by doing this. I guess because Sanders is white and doesn't bow down to their movement, he's considered a racist. Isn't BLM just wonderful?

I feel bad for Sanders. I disagree with him on quite a few issues, but I don't think he's racist by any means. This segment of the BLM movement is embarrassing. They're either ignorant or racist.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »

I just saw this on CNN and was going to post a thread here but I saw this one.

I've never been as pissed with the black rights movement as I am now. The people who interrupted Senator Sanders are the most HP liberals I've ever seen.

Sad day for America.

Video here ---> http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/08/3980348/black-lives-matter-activists-disrupt.html
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »

From this line, I got the impression they were O'Malley supporters:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »

O'Malley I can understand, given his record in Baltimore. But what exactly is their issue with Sanders?

Also, it's funny to see Atlas Republicans defending Sanders all of a sudden.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »

Um, Atlas Republicans never had a grudge against him.

We don't have anything against him, we just disagree with his politics.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »

O'Malley I can understand, given his record in Baltimore. But what exactly is their issue with Sanders?

This is what I really don't understand. Did they not see his speech that he made to the SCLC? That was one of his best speeches. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to read it on his website. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but he was active as far back as the 1960's in the civil rights movement. A lot of blacks would be helped by his economic ideas because they are disproportionately poorer on average. He has denounced over-policing and would consider legalizing marijuana, which would help keep people, especially black youth, out of prisons. He supported Jesse Jackson in 1988. I'm just not sure what he's supposed to do to get their support other than making BLM the only issue of his campaign.

Looking at O'Malley's record in Baltimore is not pretty. Look at the riots earlier this year. Why aren't BLM protestors going after him more?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 09:01:49 PM by Ronnie »

The problem with "all lives matter" is that it is dishonest, since as we are not "all in this together," or at least not to the same extent.  As a group, blacks truly do have legitimate grievances, such as suffering at the hands of law enforcement, that apply in a disproportionate way to whites.

Also, unless you have evidence to support your claim, I'm not sure it's fair to say that these extremists have "taken over" the movement.  As far as I can tell, they are just a vocal minority.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »

This isn't a right-left issue, it's a right-wrong issue, and it was simply wrong of BLM to do this.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »

That's a good question. Maybe they're on break eating some donuts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies