I step down. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:07:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I step down. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I step down.  (Read 7507 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 30, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

*Yawn*

Be gone with you.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »

Better question, who becomes the Senator now? Is it Kyle Gordon or is there a special election?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »

Better question, who becomes the Senator now? Is it Kyle Gordon or is there a special election?
Hmm
I looked in the Constitution, and I couldn't find anything on what is to be done if a Senator-elect drops out. I also thought there could be a possibility of a Governor appointment. Anyways, I think a special election would be best, as it gives people time to evaluate the candidates again.
Actually, Opebo recieved more votes. He got 3, while KyleGordan got 2.

As far as I can tell opebo never accepted the write-ins. Que lastima, that would have been genuinely amusing.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »

Damn.

Damn, Damn, Damn. I hate sock posters. I especially hate sock posters who ply their wares in Atlasia.

From what I hear now Dave agreed to it because nobody took Josh seriously. Then he did this, turning himself into even more of a joke unfortunatly.

Dave knew?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

Damn.

Damn, Damn, Damn. I hate sock posters. I especially hate sock posters who ply their wares in Atlasia.

From what I hear now Dave agreed to it because nobody took Josh seriously. Then he did this, turning himself into even more of a joke unfortunatly.

Dave knew?

Yes that what Dan told me at least. He said he was tired of being harassed by DWTL and BRTD and Dave appearently approved the creation of this sock. The reason why he suddenly left the RPP to join the DA, when he joined, was he realised that DWTL was our leader. 

Did the mods?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »

May faith in the mods has never been lower.

Also, I'm a bit hurt, because I trusted "Dan" alot.

Why the hell are you mad at us? Dave let him have the account and didn't tell us. And what if we did find it out? If Dave even told us I'm almost positive we wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it.

I am more disappointed with Dave for allowing this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »

Out of curiosity...why didn't Josh just remain "Dan" and accept his Senate seat?

Likely because he wanted to show off how he "stuck it to us." Silly, of course, but what can you do? He ultimately spent more time trying to fool us than we will ever spend caring about this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 06:26:54 PM »

I believe I had asked MJ to check the IP when he first joined, as I suspected he may have been an Ogis or Xahar puppet. I never received a response or confirmation so I assumed he was fine.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »

I believe I had asked MJ to check the IP when he first joined, as I suspected he may have been an Ogis or Xahar puppet. I never received a response or confirmation so I assumed he was fine.

Alcon and I checked. He came from an area where Josh wasn't so we thought he was someone new and fine. Not much else you can do, especially when Dave ok'd it.

I'm not questioning your good faith effort. Just letting everyone know why the initial inquiry was made. It wasn't because I thought he was Josh, but rather Ogis.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Nothing of that would never happened if people here didn't ask act like asses towards Josh22!

I hope than you are proud of you, now!

I wasn't even here when Josh was and yet he felt perfectly fine deceiving me...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

Let me expand on the above.  I don't mean to drive someone to go digging around through old threads to find the evidence I'm looking for.  I guess I'm defending Dan because I liked "Dan"- if he was acting under false pretenses, that changes things of course.  He was actively engaged, doing work on the Wiki, Mideast Assembly, the ConCon....he was friendly and spoke intelligently, and lets face it, people liked him.  How much of that could really be an act?  I'm trying to undersand what Josh22 did to turn everyone against him.

Which is why I'm unclear as to why he bothered telling us. Or why he would simply step away after telling us. If he wanted to be a committed member of the game (as his extra-curricular actions led on) he likely could have stayed on and simply killed the Josh account. I imagine people would have understood a waiver from Dave. But these actions are now wholly inappropriate and gives us no reason for compassion.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »

I just want to say, I step down, because I lied to most everyone and was living a lie. And Atlasia needs someone better then that. I still love this game and wish it the best of luck, but it needs someone better then me. It was hard for me to step down and leave, but if I didn't and people found out who I was while in the senate, it would have hurt the game very much so. I'm sorry and wish you guys the best of luck.

You showed that you clearly did not care about this game when you disguised your identity, waited until you won something and then resigned like it was a big joke. I doubt many people here enjoy being taken for fools.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

I just want to say, I step down, because I lied to most everyone and was living a lie. And Atlasia needs someone better then that. I still love this game and wish it the best of luck, but it needs someone better then me. It was hard for me to step down and leave, but if I didn't and people found out who I was while in the senate, it would have hurt the game very much so. I'm sorry and wish you guys the best of luck.

You showed that you clearly did not care about this game when you disguised your identity, waited until you won something and then resigned like it was a big joke. I doubt many people here enjoy being taken for fools.

It appears to me that Dan came clean when he did, because of a guilty conscience.  He knew he was doing something wrong, and he needed to get it off his chest.  He should be prosecuted for his crime, that is after all part of the game (and expel him from the DA, whatever).  But I think his participation here is a valuable asset, and we would be doing ourselves a great disservice by driving him out entirely.  I give Dan credit for owning up to his mis-deeds, he did not have to do that.  So lets have a trial for the voter fraud, expel him from the DA if you must, and call the whole ordeal over and done with.  I for one want him to remain active here.

He made a mockery of the announcement. He could have made a respectable speech, rather than stick his tongue at us and make a mockery of this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »

It appears to me that Dan came clean when he did, because of a guilty conscience.  He knew he was doing something wrong, and he needed to get it off his chest.  He should be prosecuted for his crime, that is after all part of the game (and expel him from the DA, whatever).  But I think his participation here is a valuable asset, and we would be doing ourselves a great disservice by driving him out entirely.  I give Dan credit for owning up to his mis-deeds, he did not have to do that.  So lets have a trial for the voter fraud, expel him from the DA if you must, and call the whole ordeal over and done with.  I for one want him to remain active here.

He made a mockery of the announcement. He could have made a respectable speech, rather than stick his tongue at us and make a mockery of this.

Purple State, I am going to make a suggestion. You really need to stop taking things so personally all the time. Now yes Josh was mocking us, but if he chooses to contribute positively then I see no reason to prevent him. If he continues to cause trouble then we will take necessary measures.

I just see no reason to welcome, with open arms, someone who has only served to undermine this game. I won't be crying myself to sleep over this, but there is nothing leading me to accept the path Dan has chosen to take.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »

I won't stop him from participating, but his actions have harmed the DA and the game and so I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will have to prove himself to be productive, not the other way around.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

I won't stop him from participating, but his actions have harmed the DA and the game and so I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will have to prove himself to be productive, not the other way around.

You can't fool me by agreeing with me, Purple State. I am starting to get sick of you and your games. I said he would have to "show" himself to be productive. Thats the same thing as you just did. Stop creating false debates, please.

You are the one who started this false debate with me! Where in my earlier statements did I disagree with what you said? Or claim to disagree? You chose to call me out for showing my distaste for what Dan/Josh did. Pretending that I am the one who initiated this bout with you is false, as is easily visible from looking back at the last few posts.

So please, if you wouldn't mind taking your own advice sometime...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »

You can't fool me by agreeing with me, Purple State. I am starting to get sick of you and your games. I said he would have to "show" himself to be productive. Thats the same thing as you just did. Stop creating false debates, please.

You are the one who started this false debate with me! Where in my earlier statements did I disagree with what you said? Or claim to disagree? You chose to call me out for showing my distaste for what Dan/Josh did. Pretending that I am the one who initiated this bout with you is false, as is easily visible from looking back at the last few posts.

So please, if you wouldn't mind taking your own advice sometime...

What do you mean, I hold nothing against you at all(except something from a few months ago, but that doesn't matter). I didn't start this, you did by insinuating that I meant you should have accepted him with open arms, I never once said that, and I challenge you to find where I did. If you felt that he should be allowed to prove himself productive, fine, but then you should have said so instead of making it look like I disagreed with you. No one is asking for you to give him a free pass, no one is asking you trust him, after all he didn't trust you at all, I wonder why. Also don't even try to play the same game with me you did with Ebowed and bgwah, it won't work. Plus your one to talk about Dan lying, as Ben Franklin said, "don't throw stones if your own windows are made out of glass". I would suggest you quit alienating everybody in this game or you will have a very rough time in August.  Smiley

Eh, August will already be tough. Tongue

Just curious, why can't I talk about Dan lying? Did I lie recently?

And to clarify, this started with you responding to me, not the other way around. I never said I disagree with you about this. You just seemed to think I did. Neither of us mind if he continues to participate, nor do we believe he should receive the benefit of the doubt. My posts were simply explaining where I stood, not attempting to start up with you. You were the one who called me out about "taking it personally," something I did not much appreciate.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »

I am not sure of what instances you mean, but feel free to respond to my PM and let me know.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

So much for good intentions. If I find someone falling off a cliff, I promise I won't lift a finger to help. (Yep there goes a third person today, enjoy your flight). Whenever I have someones best interests at heart I seem to piss people off, oh well. My concern and compassion is hereby withdrawn till further notice.

I would recommend you just PM them instead. Public displays of, I don't know what to call it, more likely insult people than teach them a lesson. Privately telling someone how you feel usually works better.

It also didn't help that we both thought the other was disagreeing when it turned out we were saying the same thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies