French Legislative Election 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:22:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Legislative Election 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Legislative Election 2017  (Read 99966 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 11, 2017, 11:07:06 AM »

Out of the 428 REM candidates there are 214 men and 214 women.  This is so typical and smacks of quota politics that I deplore.  This by itself is enough for me not to want to back REM.  If having equal number of men and women are so important then why does Macron not demand that the presidency alternates between a man and a women.  Oh yeah, if they did that it would mean they will have to all vote for Le Pen in the just finished Prez election.

You're THAT afraid of women? Geez.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 02:57:36 AM »

Out of the 428 REM candidates there are 214 men and 214 women.  This is so typical and smacks of quota politics that I deplore.  This by itself is enough for me not to want to back REM.  If having equal number of men and women are so important then why does Macron not demand that the presidency alternates between a man and a women.  Oh yeah, if they did that it would mean they will have to all vote for Le Pen in the just finished Prez election.

You're THAT afraid of women? Geez.

It appears so.  I am also against quotas on the basis of race nationality etc etc.  I guess I am afraid of anything that represents authority other than the White Man paradigm.   

There is no meritocratic system for appointing political candidates. You seem to assume that if there is an equal number of women candidates it must somehow have been achieved unfairly but I don't really think that is true.

I'd note that I'm not for quotas myself either but I find it ridiculous to have as a litmus test for what to vote for.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:32:27 AM »

Constitiuency Map with second placers

So, can someone count these? Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »

France is in dire need of labour market reform. Spending tons of tax money to prop up entrenched public employees isn't really left-wing if the term is supposed to refer to promoting equality and helping the poor.

One question that's been bothering me the whole campaign. I don't understand how official these DVG/DVD labels are. They're not on the actual ballots right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies