Opinion of Ted Cruz's convention speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Ted Cruz's convention speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: because holy crap
Freedom speech

Horrible speech

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Opinion of Ted Cruz's convention speech  (Read 4748 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 20, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »

That was the best.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:49 PM »

No one seems to think that the nominee in 2020 will be Donald Drumpf.
Anyway, I think Ted Cruz simply refuses to be a phony. 

You can "not be a phony" and meet the minimum "I'm voting for the ticket." requirement of party loyalty.  I could care less personally as to whether or not Cruz endorses Drumpf, because Drumpf's campaign is less endorsement-dependent than any campaign I have ever seen.  But as a prognosticator (to the degree that I can call myself that), Cruz made a HUGE error.  The "vote your conscience" mantra hurts Republicans other than Drumpf, and that is not lost on Republican regulars whose partisanship is not singular.  Cruz went about this all wrong, and he's going to pay a huge price.

Being loyal to a party rather than your own beliefs is being a phony.

That may be true if you are an individual voter, but not when you are a partisan politician.  Politics in America is very much a Team Sport, and most voters who identify with one major party or another expect their candidates to be loyal to the national ticket.  I cannot think of a single major party candidate in my lifetime who, up until their nomination as President or Vice President, was loyal to their party's national ticket.  The closest to this is George McGovern, who was a delegate to the Progressive Party's convention in 1948 that nominated Henry A. Wallace, and McGovern wasn't an elected official at that time.
I always knew McGovern was far left..but that far left??!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies