Census Estimates for 2008 -> 2010 Apportionment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:08:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census Estimates for 2008 -> 2010 Apportionment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Estimates for 2008 -> 2010 Apportionment  (Read 21412 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »

Wow, that not that much more needed. If the economy start to get better NC could see that growth. I guess we will have to see.

NC and SC are both in the top ranks for unemployment rates right now... I'm not sure what is hitting South Carolina, but the Charlotte area, at least, is going to have problems with the banking industry. I don't know if these problems are comparatively worse than those in other states or not.

Conversely, NC gains from Florida's losses.

NC and SC has alot of factories that are closing down. Bev Perdue is trying to work out a plan to replace them factory job with bio-tech jobs/greenjobs, or something like that.

And Mark Sanford is letting the market replace them! Tongue

Seriously, I did find it was interesting that NC wasn't gaining anything. Georgia is growing much faster than North Carolina according to the estimates, and SC is growing about the same rate as North Carolina. The Greenville area is really exploding in SC. We're running out of land in Charleston.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »

Wow, that not that much more needed. If the economy start to get better NC could see that growth. I guess we will have to see.

NC and SC are both in the top ranks for unemployment rates right now... I'm not sure what is hitting South Carolina, but the Charlotte area, at least, is going to have problems with the banking industry. I don't know if these problems are comparatively worse than those in other states or not.

Conversely, NC gains from Florida's losses.

NC and SC has alot of factories that are closing down. Bev Perdue is trying to work out a plan to replace them factory job with bio-tech jobs/greenjobs, or something like that.

And Mark Sanford is letting the market replace them! Tongue

Seriously, I did find it was interesting that NC wasn't gaining anything. Georgia is growing much faster than North Carolina according to the estimates, and SC is growing about the same rate as North Carolina. The Greenville area is really exploding in SC. We're running out of land in Charleston.

Well, NC is growing fastter then GA and SC. You would think NC would get another seat, if both GA and SC got/getting one.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/12/census-bureau-r.html

According to these estimates, Georgia grew by 18.3% from 2000-2008, while North Carolina grew by only 14.6% during the same period. SC grew by only 11.7%, right behind North Carolina. I'm surprised, because I thought NC was growing faster than GA too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies