Maine's Question 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:13:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maine's Question 1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine's Question 1  (Read 159225 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 04, 2009, 01:12:21 AM »

PPP pretty much nailed it.  More props to IVR polling (Chuck Todd, the idiot, be damned).

I may have more substantive commentary on this later.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »

wow, people must not like fags very much to actually take time out of their day to vote for something as silly as this.

Reading posts around here and this type of logic starts to make a bit of sense.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »

btw I fully expect to be ragged for my optimistic prediction of a large No win.  I think the Yes campaign was better run than I saw on the surface and really got the Catholic and rural voters to turn out better than the No's thought they were doing with younger voters.

At least Washington barely didn't take away more rights from the gays.

Eh, I wouldn't worry.  We all f-up here and again.  I had one major f-up tonight too.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »

This thread went off a deep end.  Guess the substantive commentary will wait for tomorrow.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 01:55:32 AM »

I want to see if Al would agree, but what are the odds that a Hillary-Obama primary would have had a very similar map?  Tongue

Lookie, lookie at working-class, former textile mill Maine.  My oh my!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 02:06:17 AM »

Wow, why'd it do so well in Aroostock county? Obama won that county by 10 points, while Question 1 did worse in Piscataquis, McCain's sole county in all of New England.

Those counties are pretty erratic when it comes to voting trends.  Susan Collins got 72% in Aroostook and 66% in Piscataquis.

.....hmmmmm.....
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »

I knew it was over when I saw the Lewiston results someone posted early on.

I should have paid more attention to this thread earlier in the evening cause your right.  The 60-40 Yes result there meant it was doomed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

You know I keep coming here hoping for a conversation about the results, turnout, what we can learn from this about Maine, what we can extrapolulate from that about New Hampshire and Massachusetts or even Iowa, and then I keep seeing the argument about gods will.

Frankly I think this is a problem on both sides, namely the venom with which they both approached this issue in California and Maine versus Massachusetts where the Gay groups sat back calm and moderate as the out-of-state anti-gay marriage people destroyed themselves. And then I wonder if there was something to that strategy.

I gave some observations about 10 (maybe 20) pages back, but they got lost.

All I can do is echo what Al said, which is class, class, class and point out that a Hillary-Obama primary would have looked eerily similar (even the caucus looks pretty damn similar).

I'll give a substantive commentary later.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »

SUBSTANTIVE COMMENTARY

I really don't know what all you homos are so saddened about here. 

First off, looking at your goals, your interests, and the fact you post pictures of yourself on this site looking for other attention whores to "admire" you, most of you should probably take what you can get, whether it's male, female, animal or confused and forget about marriage.

Second, for those of you who do get some tail, the dates you pick up at a bar rarely, if ever, make good marriage material.  I can assure you it works exactly the same for us normals too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies