Roberts Demonstrates Contempt for Women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:40:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Roberts Demonstrates Contempt for Women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roberts Demonstrates Contempt for Women  (Read 2038 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: August 27, 2005, 02:33:26 PM »

I don't even really understand the problem here. Where exactly did Roberts demonstrate 'contempt for women'?

Oh right - we're talking about an article from NOW. Never mind making sense.

And just for the record, I would not want my mother to become a lawyer even if some radicals seriously think that homemaker -> lawyer is a massive achievement for womankind and merits vast amounts of honour and praise. She would probably make an excellent lawyer, but there is no benefit in her working as a lawyer and earning massive paychecks if she never got to spend any time with me anymore, if she wasn't happy being a lawyer, et cetera. I think that she is at least content with being a teacher (and never mind the complaints about teaching is a woman's job!!! if you're a woman, don't become a teacher! become a lawyer! or a doctor! or an engineer!!!) and was content with being a homemaker previously (although her ex- husband has no respect for homemakers).

As for the wage gap, get over it! If a woman works the exact same job, the exact same hours, and with the exact same competency as a man and still gets paid less than said man, then there's an issue. Why should anyone be paid more for doing less work, regardless of the person's age, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexuality, et cetera?
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 05:28:09 PM »

If we had more abortions, we'd be more economically sucessful.

and if we had more hammers, the school system would be much better.

See nclib, we're already practicing for your logic class. 
angus, I love that quote. I'm putting it in my signature, if you don't mind. Smiley
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

whether you're laughing with me or at me is less important than the fact that you're amused, I'd imagine.  Sure, it's always an honor to be quoted. 
Just for the record, I'm laughing with you. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies