Should the US have language laws similar to Quebec? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should the US have language laws similar to Quebec? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the US have language laws similar to Quebec?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Should the US have language laws similar to Quebec?  (Read 6369 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: August 18, 2007, 01:16:26 AM »

While we're at it, should Telemundo and Univision be shut down?

No, but they should have CC in English available.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:35:24 AM »

I've always wondered why you can CC English channels into Spanish but you can't do so with Spanish channels.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »

I've always wondered why you can CC English channels into Spanish but you can't do so with Spanish channels.

Because if you want to watch TV in English, you already have hundreds of other channels, so there's not enough demand for CC in the only two channels that aren't in English to get it put on.

I actually do sometimes watch those cheesy soap operas on Telemundo just because the women on the are so hot even though they look like they'd be pretty dumb even if I could understand what they were saying.

Maybe only two channels in Minnesota.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:06:50 AM »

Because if you want to watch TV in English, you already have hundreds of other channels, so there's not enough demand for CC in the only two channels that aren't in English to get it put on.

I actually do sometimes watch those cheesy soap operas on Telemundo just because the women on the are so hot even though they look like they'd be pretty dumb even if I could understand what they were saying.

Maybe only two channels in Minnesota.

Well I doubt anywhere anyone is seriously kept up at night freaking out that they are unable to watch cheesy South American soap operas in English captioning and thus demanding that such captioning be provided. If enough people did care that much, it would happen. It's all part of the market laws of supply and demand, I thought you conservatives loved the free market so much?

Roll Eyes Jesus, you can turn any stupid question into a complete political hack job. You're like the epitome of strawman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies