Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:31:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..."  (Read 4740 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« on: May 22, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »

Hillary was born into an American political dynasty? News to me.

No, but her claim for power is semi-hereditary. If not for being the first lady, it's debatable she'd ever be a serious presidential candidate. Hillary's hype is actually hurting female politicians that made their career on their own, not by marriage.

You can demean anyone's career in the same way:

If Obama doesn't get the keynote slot from Kerry, he's not taken seriously as a one-term senator running in '08.
If Kennedy's dad isn't a millionaire...
If Reagan doesn't meet Nancy and become a well-paid right-wing shill...

Nobody gets anywhere completely on their own, as I think Elizabeth Warren said.

Also, by this stage of her career, Hillary actually has more on-paper credentials (not that this makes a good president necessarily) than most any woman that could realistically run. It's really not a Ma Ferguson/Mary Bono situation after you've been SoS.

Yeah, it's funny how male politicians are never demeaned in this nature. I'd really like to know how Hillary's husband has had anything to do with her experience and credentials as senator and secretary of state.
Well, being the husband of Bill Clinton probably helped her get elected to her original position as a Senator.

And it also probably helped her campaign in 08 a lot better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies