Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:46:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer:"In England, a baby’s born and they know he’ll grow up to be king..."  (Read 4746 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: May 22, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »

Good jab.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »

Hillary was born into an American political dynasty? News to me.

No, but her claim for power is semi-hereditary. If not for being the first lady, it's debatable she'd ever be a serious presidential candidate. Hillary's hype is actually hurting female politicians that made their career on their own, not by marriage.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »

Nominating anyone other than Clinton is handing the GOP the Presidency for at least 4 years.

That's good news for John McCain.

There is no indication that 2016 will be anything like 2008.

There's no indication another Democratic nominee would be weaker than Hillary once the campaign started. Not that it matters. If she runs, she'll be the nominee.

Back when people bothered to poll Biden, he did much worse than Hillary every time despite having similar name recognition. Of course, you can guess that Hillary will fall/whatever other Democrat will rise, but your guess is as good as anyone's on that front. I'd much rather be ahead at this stage than behind, even though things can change.

I cannot deny Hillary is a frontrunner and I won't be surprised if she's nominated, but things can indeed change. If every frontrunner at this point would have been nominated, we would have President Gary Hart or President Rudy Giuliani or President Clinton, finishing her second term.

The point is: Hillary's nomination is not a forgone conclusion yet and other Democrats lack of electability is not a forgone conclusion either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies