Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do young voters resonate with Trump's divisive and racist rhetoric? Really?  (Read 3385 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:53 PM »

The Democrat Party claims to support gays/transsexuals but has thrown them under the bus because a Muslim attacked a gay hangout. LBGTs should disavow the Democrat Party.

As a transsexual bisexual woman, I say that you are stupid. You claim that the Democratic party is anti-lgbt for not attacking Muslims when the republican party wants to force trans people to use the wrong bathrooms and has fought to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION to make gay marriage illegal.

Literally this.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »

What about the young people who vote Republican? Is there such an animal? Is the Republican party attracting the youth vote at all? I'm so curious about how Bernie attracted them. It wasn't about the Dem party, it was about what his message was all about. The Republican party doesn't appear to do anything to attract the young vote, or the female vote for that matter.

Bernie attracted them with free college, 1% pay their fair share, and government programs. These kids all had free college. Their parents paid for it. They have no sense of reality so that explains the Bernie coalition for the young white vote.

I'm a 24 year old white male. Staunch Republican. We young Republicans exist but are very far and few between. We typically come from conservative, working class families who taught us there's no such thing as a free lunch growing up. This is true for myself and my few Republican friends. My liberal friends, well, mom and dad are rich and they do whatever they want.

There are so many misconceptions in this line of argumentation that I don't even know where to start.

Listen, I'm a 24 year old white male as well, although Hispanic. I know PLENTY of colleagues who are our same age or younger and are in 5 or 6-figure debt because their parents could not afford to cruise them through college in the way you're claiming they are being cruised.

My family was fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and we come from a very impoverished background. I've had to work my butt off through the system to pay for my education as my parents could barely afford to help me with my weekly food.

Our parents were able to get educated (or at least have the option to) and buy a car/house without having to work more than 1 job, while still getting in ridiculous swaths of debt while studying all in one swoop. The basic message is that we want to have our fair shot at this in the same way our parents did, and the fact that you're assuming some sort of moral high ground while attempting to shame political straw men students who have had to endure the levels of BS this system has predisposed them to is, frankly, shameful. From your behalf, it demonstrates a deep misunderstanding of as well as a disconnect from what most of the people from our generation are enduring.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies