Orlando CEO to employees: "If Obama gets reelected, I'll probably fire you"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:06:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Orlando CEO to employees: "If Obama gets reelected, I'll probably fire you"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Orlando CEO to employees: "If Obama gets reelected, I'll probably fire you"  (Read 2166 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:46 PM »

Exactly so. Unions tell people the same thing. If it's ok for the unions, I can't see why it would be wrong for businesses.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »

Exactly so. Unions tell people the same thing. If it's ok for the unions, I can't see why it would be wrong for businesses.

Unions cannot get people fired for voting contrary to the union line.

There could of course be consequences of discriminatory behavior of a company if, for example, it prohibits  a vehicle with an Obama bumper sticker or a sticker with a "Rmoney" parody from being parked in the parking lot.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »

Its just another way for a white corporation to keep suppress the voting rights of minority voters.  He views himself as a slave master who can control the lives of his illegal immigrant slaves.  I expect the workers to form a union and go on strike.  He'll be forced to make dresses out of his curtains.

What does this story have to do with race? Please tell me.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sure they can. 

As a teacher, I'm well aware of union intimidation - they keyed my car while I was still with the union. Now I'm a private school teacher.
milhouse24
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »

Its just another way for a white corporation to keep suppress the voting rights of minority voters.  He views himself as a slave master who can control the lives of his illegal immigrant slaves.  I expect the workers to form a union and go on strike.  He'll be forced to make dresses out of his curtains.

What does this story have to do with race? Please tell me.

Its just another White CEO who is suppressing the rights of his most hispanic and immigrant hotel workforce.  The new slaves in America are the cheap labor of illegal immigrants, and the slaveowners are multi-national corporations seeking to exploit the poor and defenseless populations.  In addition, these multi-national corporations are polluting third world countries at alarming rates.  Do you wonder why your beloved apple Iphone is so cheap - because of cheap labor and no environmental regulations. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »

what he said was purely agaisnt the law

No no no no, doing it is against the law....get it straight....PR stunt.

'PR stunt' in business implies good PR, George.

An alternative suggestion is someone who would build one of the largest houses in the country and unironically name it 'Versailles' just might be an unmitigated douche.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 02:04:41 AM »

I'm glad to know that voter intimidation by their employers is not a feature only of undeveloped democracies Wink
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »

I'm glad to know that voter intimidation by their employers is not a feature only of undeveloped democracies Wink

It could be a sign of a dying democracy -- one in which economic interests decide what is 'right' and 'wrong'.   
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »

Sure they can. 

As a teacher, I'm well aware of union intimidation - they keyed my car while I was still with the union. Now I'm a private school teacher.

Did that happen before or after you got kicked out of that other political forum that starts with an F and ends with a C? Maybe I should copy-paste some of your posts from that swamp?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »

I happen to think business should get the largest voice - but even if you don't, it still needs one.

The problem is, Konkee, that in a capitalist country 'business' - i.e., the rich - have the only voice.  Certainly I would like to see them all guillotined, so I'm a bit on the 'leftist' side, but failing that, this man should be liable for a criminal and civil proceeding for this.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »

Sure, lets hear those posts
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »

An alternative suggestion is someone who would build one of the largest houses in the country and unironically name it 'Versailles' just might be an unmitigated douche.

I wonder how sales are at Chick-Fil-A, Badg Wink
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »

Confirm for me that it is within forum rules and I will be glad to pull the sheet off Mr. Kenobi. I know all about him from reading his right-wing posts from there. Dude is out there. Surprised anyone would hire him to teach children.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »

Oh come on, bro. Surely that's not a valid comparison. Chik-fil-A's stance would gather plenty of support from the traditional values types (and did). A walking parody of C. Montgomery Burns warning his largely working class employees they risk likely layoffs if Obama is reelected doesn't carry any positives (unless the business is hoping to land convention business from the Heritage Foundation or the Cato Institute).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 03:13:09 PM »

Keying a car is not going to be a sufficient counter-force to the oppressor, I'm afraid, BK.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »

Oh come on, bro. Surely that's not a valid comparison. Chik-fil-A's stance would gather plenty of support from the traditional values types (and did). A walking parody of C. Montgomery Burns warning his largely working class employees they risk likely layoffs if Obama is reelected doesn't carry any positives (unless the business is hoping to land convention business from the Heritage Foundation or the Cato Institute).

Really?  Did you ever hear of Westgate Resorts before this?  I never did.  Every rich pub knows about them now. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »

Confirm for me that it is within forum rules and I will be glad to pull the sheet off Mr. Kenobi. I know all about him from reading his right-wing posts from there. Dude is out there. Surprised anyone would hire him to teach children.

Speaking as a fellow forum member, rather than a mod, I don't think that's necessary or entirely 100% appropriate. Everyone (including Ben) knows that he is indeed quite conservative (including Ben), and admittedly without knowing the full story I'm hard pressed to believe his car was keyed by a fellow teacher versus some snotty delinquent student. With that in mind, I don't think there's anything to prove. He contributes here well enough even i I sometimes disagree with him.

I'm a big believer in leaving the Forum away from outside world influence. My two cents....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »

Really?  Did you ever hear of Westgate Resorts before this?  I never did.  Every rich pub knows about them now. 

Hmmmm. Decent point. But I'm still convinced he's not so much a publicity hound as just a 60+ year old version of Politico. Wink
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 03:29:49 PM »

It could be a sign of a dying democracy -- one in which economic interests decide what is 'right' and 'wrong'.   

Sounds like the best type of democracy to me. I'd pick 1960's Japan over the Weimar Republic any day of the week.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »

Sounds like the best type of democracy to me. I'd pick 1960's Japan over the Weimar Republic any day of the week.

Um, there ARE other choices than those two "ideals".....
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »

Um, there ARE other choices than those two "ideals".....

To be quite fair, I can find very few governments that I would prefer over 1950's Japan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

To be quite fair, I can find very few governments that I would prefer over 1950's Japan.

Yeesh.  It got that way due to a brutal a$$-kicking and complete humiliation of its national ethos.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »

Oh, quite some time before. Smiley I got the zot there because I supported Santorum. Go figure.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »

Speaking as a fellow forum member, rather than a mod, I don't think that's necessary or entirely 100% appropriate. Everyone (including Ben) knows that he is indeed quite conservative (including Ben), and admittedly without knowing the full story I'm hard pressed to believe his car was keyed by a fellow teacher versus some snotty delinquent student. With that in mind, I don't think there's anything to prove. He contributes here well enough even i I sometimes disagree with him.

I'm a big believer in leaving the Forum away from outside world influence. My two cents....

It isn't really outside world influence. His identity is unknown to me. How are his anonymous posts on other political forums irrelevant to his political posts on this political forum? There's no rational argument that I can think of against letting members view some of his posts. He isn't just right-wing. The guy makes Paul Ryan look like Jacob Javitz.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »

Oh, quite some time before. Smiley I got the zot there because I supported Santorum. Go figure.

Maybe thats why, and before that you supported Cain. But you were to the right of the average member there. The problem with it is that you people seem to actually believe that you are moderate. The Republican Party has moved so far to the right in recent years, while the Democratic Party has remained center-left. Republicans have tried to redefine the center as being located in the center-right, but the problem with that is that it defies political geography. This isn't a center-right country. I am center-left. I voted for Hillary in the primaries (and I'm black). You folks have nominated the most right-wing ticket since 1964, and save for Huntsman and Paul, Romney was the least extreme. But you guys are now far to the right of your hero, Reagan. He wouldn't be able to win a Republican primary these days. Nixon created the EPA and food stamps, and he supported universal health care.  Obama is Nixon with a D after his name and you folks act as if he's the love-child of Castro and Stalin. You are to the Republicans what the Greens are to us Democrats: a bad influence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies