Opinion of incorporating candles into Hannukah celebrations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:21:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of incorporating candles into Hannukah celebrations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ??
Bad
Awful
Israel is a terrorist state
Chanukah
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of incorporating candles into Hannukah celebrations  (Read 1285 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »

This is truly one of the most flawed comparisons to a poll someone disagrees with. You celebrate Hanukkah's eight days and nights by lighting candles, and Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth, not his death.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

In fairness, the crucifix thread was bizarre and ignorant. (I had presumed that it was a joke.) Most branches of Christianity are so steeped in crucifixion imagery that it would be more unusual if that symbol were not present for any given occasion.

This is truly one of the most flawed comparisons to a poll someone disagrees with. You celebrate Hanukkah's eight days and nights by lighting candles, and Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth, not his death.

Because one has nothing to do with other? Huh

My point was: his reaction to the poll was certainly not close to a fair comparison, the biggest reason is that Christmas is celebrating Jesus's birth, not his death (or at least that's how I interpret it).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies