Should the ACLU refer to its supporters as 'First Amendment voters'? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:17:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should the ACLU refer to its supporters as 'First Amendment voters'? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should the ACLU refer to its supporters as 'First Amendment voters'?  (Read 2733 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: April 01, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »

I can just imagine how conservative heads would explode: "How dare the ACLU claim to have the only interpretation of the First Amendment!"

Yet, the NRA refers to its supporters as 'Second Amendment voters' and nobody, including those in the so-called Liberal media, seems to make an issue of it.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:48:55 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2018, 08:07:52 PM by 136or142 »

You realize that most of the deaths in China were from the old ROC right? The communists in China were just one faction during WW2. Also, nobody said that the Soviets didn’t do a lot, probably most of the work against the Nazis. However, we’re saying Stalin wasn’t that great either.

Also notice how you mentioned Japanese internship camps but not the Gulags.

The Communists largely stayed out of World War II to let the Chinese Nationalist forces and the Japanese destroy each other.

I went to a public discussion organized by university communists to mark the 100th anniversary of the Communist (Bolshevik) Revolution in Russia.  What I found most interesting, aside from how important it is that young people these days be taught the history of the disasters of centralized planning, is the similarities between Communists and the idiot Trump supporters in that everything negative regarding their movements/views is 'fake news.'  For the Communists it's 'Don't believe what you read in western imperialist propaganda.'  

The discussion got as tiring for me to listen to as quickly as listening to a Trump speech does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies