The South will rise again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:10:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 29440 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: February 04, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »

Constitution Party fight!!!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:49:13 AM »

I intend to 1st pref you for chamber if you run again.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:10 AM »

There are bills coming to legalize prostitution, sponsored again by federalists. Same with gambling.

Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:34 PM »

Also to clarify one more point that could easily be miscontrued:

I wouldn't consider all or most Trumpists to be traditionalist conservatives, but I would certainly consider Trumpism the net result of the establishment failing to preserve societal stability.
The main point is that in the primary Trump tapped into that vacuum, while the rest of the field continued to operate the same way the GOP has for decades.

Wait, how was societal stability falling before 2016?

On this issue, trade and the impacts on rural and manufacturing communities.

I agree on that. I can't tell you how many condescending Facebook posts advocating for Hillary I read from acquaintances the day before/of the election with the same "those jobs aren't coming back. Go to college" message to all the 50+ year old laid off factory workers who lack a GED.

"Those jobs aren't coming back " was the OG "Learn to code".
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »

Are drugs a menace to society? Most certainly. But like any small government conservative should be asking, is a full scale war on the drugs that has been waged for thirty years plus without much success, the best approach to discouraging its use? I don't think so at this point because the evidence tells me that it has not worked.

Well, right now, if you are depressed and go on drugs you can get rehab paid for and benefits etc. But if you go on medications you have to pay for them. Many of our drug policies actually incentivize drug use through perverse incentives. We dish out methadone, and free needles, while making people pay through the nose for lithium.

Most of our social policies are designed to provide benefits for those who have made conscious decisions to try and destroy their lives. Whereas many responsible people are having difficulties making ends meet. We have responsible people taking drug tests to work even low level jobs paying for benefits that go to help people taking drugs recover.

Now, we are seeing the advent of medical dope and abuse of the disability system so that drug users can get their fixes paid for by the government. Meanwhile if you need glasses, you're paying for them.

The drug lobby is huge. The solution isn't legalization, as drug usage has increased. Significantly. The only thing I can see is to incentivize staying off drugs by making welfare require a clean drug test. Make being clean a pre requisite for access to government services, etc.

In Atlasia im pretty sure medical cocaine and recreational lsd is legal federally and in all 3 regions. MWAHAHAHAHA!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 01:43:50 PM »

Removal of public funding for PP was a big one for me.

We did that in the south. Go Federalists!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies