Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:12:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden  (Read 9342 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 11, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »

The best Coburn could hope for is a 2004 map... and that's if Obama sodomizes a puppy during the State of the Union.

pretty much, and even then he'd lose NM and Iowa...and Arizona.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

This guy would motivate religious southerns/Evangelicals around the country more so than Bush did.

Doubtful.  Evangelicals are not a monolith, and this isn't the 1980's anymore.  There is a growing trend of evangelicals who are just as passionate about Christ but not as supportive of the ideology of social hypocrisy.  Bush in many ways was the "best of both worlds" - a compassionate conservative who was able to largely unite people of all evangelical stripes.  Mike Huckabee might actually have a shot at repeating this feat, but Coburn would divide the evangelical community.

How is Coburn a "social hypocrite?"

And contrary to popular belief, Coburn is actually mild mannered. Ask the President. Stop labeling everyone you don't like as a foaming at the mouth nutcase, please.

Yeah. A very mild mannered fellow, who just happens to want to impose the death penalty to doctors who perform abortions.
And of course let's not forget his claim that one of the biggest problems in America today is the rampant lesbianism which takes place at school toilets. Real music to the ears of suburban soccer moms. 

you mean it isn't???
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »

"The gay community has infiltrated the very centers of power in every area across this country, and they wield extreme power... That agenda is the greatest threat to our freedom that we face today. Why do you think we see the rationalization for abortion and multiple sexual partners? That's a gay agenda."

"Lesbianism is so rampant in some of the schools in Southeast Oklahoma that they'll only let one girl go to the bathroom. Now think about it."

"[Showing Shindler's List on television is] irresponsible sexual behavior...I cringe when I realize that there were children all across this nation watching this program."

"I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life."
Coburn in 2012 agrees with all these so they're bad examples.

Well then he's also a bigot.

absolutely correct, yes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

What would be helpful here is to deal with facts and stop getting so caught up in emotionalism.

Has anyone verified or discredited Coburn's claims about homosexuality?  Cite some studies refuting him, please.

As to the death penality for people who kill babies...how is that wrong?  If I killed a two month old, I would hope I'd get the chair.  Some cases of abortion involve very late term children who could easily live outside the womb.  How is this not murder?  And how is it so different from killing the guy who murdered a just birthed child.  (Of course, that is exactly what partial birth abortion is...so I realize democrats aren't going to agree.  But they are being unfair to attack Coburn for simply being a consistent defender of life and the rule of law.  Remember he says he would support it IF abortion were illegal.)

Finally, on the Schilder's list thing -- I know he said that and it was not well thought through.  In fact, I think you failed to mention that Coburn apologized for his remark and said he re-thought about it and felt televising the movie could be good if older children watched with adults.  And he was concerned not just about nudity but also about young children being scarred by the horror on the screen.  The end of the matter is that he backtracked and changed.

If Coburn is going to suggest that lesbianism is no rampant in SE Oklahoma schools & say homosexuality is the biggest problem our nation faces well the burden of proof is on his bigoted piece of crap ass.  & yes there have been many studies which have debunked that pile of garbage's stances on homosexuality.  Just because you only believe studies which are funded by hard right wing whack job groups doesn't mean they don't exist....

In other words you can't refute Senator Coburn's statements or studies that back him up.  Thanks.

The burden of proof is on Coburn.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

What would be helpful here is to deal with facts and stop getting so caught up in emotionalism.

Has anyone verified or discredited Coburn's claims about homosexuality?  Cite some studies refuting him, please.

As to the death penality for people who kill babies...how is that wrong?  If I killed a two month old, I would hope I'd get the chair.  Some cases of abortion involve very late term children who could easily live outside the womb.  How is this not murder?  And how is it so different from killing the guy who murdered a just birthed child.  (Of course, that is exactly what partial birth abortion is...so I realize democrats aren't going to agree.  But they are being unfair to attack Coburn for simply being a consistent defender of life and the rule of law.  Remember he says he would support it IF abortion were illegal.)

Finally, on the Schilder's list thing -- I know he said that and it was not well thought through.  In fact, I think you failed to mention that Coburn apologized for his remark and said he re-thought about it and felt televising the movie could be good if older children watched with adults.  And he was concerned not just about nudity but also about young children being scarred by the horror on the screen.  The end of the matter is that he backtracked and changed.

If Coburn is going to suggest that lesbianism is no rampant in SE Oklahoma schools & say homosexuality is the biggest problem our nation faces well the burden of proof is on his bigoted piece of crap ass.  & yes there have been many studies which have debunked that pile of garbage's stances on homosexuality.  Just because you only believe studies which are funded by hard right wing whack job groups doesn't mean they don't exist....

In other words you can't refute Senator Coburn's statements or studies that back him up.  Thanks.

The burden of proof is on Coburn.

His positions have been proven by numerous groups but liberals won't accept them because those groups aren't "enlightened".  In other words -- the groups disagree with me and therefore I can dismiss them automatically.

Show me one study that proves that Oklahoma schools are full of lesbians.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies