Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:42:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coburn/Barbour versus Obama/Biden  (Read 9318 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 11, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

NE-1 will go Obama, too.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:53 AM »

He's actually very mild mannered and I don't think you can argue that he's that much of a nutcase if he worked with Obama on some issues. This is something Obama has no problem admitting to either.

He's a "straight talker" which means he has a record of saying outrageous things that wear very badly. Think of what people claimed made Joe Biden unelectable, and then shackle them to what everyone would agree is a set of policy positions at one extreme of our spectrum. It's hard to get elected if you can get characterized as not a serious candidate.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

I think South Carolina would diverge from MS/AL/LA/OK and vote more like NC/GA. Too many transplants, and also Coburn's style isn't of the same class of conservatism that appeals in all parts of the state.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »

In other words you can't refute Senator Coburn's statements or studies that back him up.  Thanks.

What "studies" back up either of his statements? One of them is a ludicrous exaggeration (the lesbians in bathrooms thing) where the burden of proof is on him to supply some evidence, and the other one about the homosexual agenda as the greatest threat to the country is a pure expression of fear that can not be justified by any study. How would you purport to quantify it as a threat to the country? Coburn himself hasn't.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »

His positions have been proven by numerous groups but liberals won't accept them because those groups aren't "enlightened".  In other words -- the groups disagree with me and therefore I can dismiss them automatically.

This is the first I've heard about groups "proving" his statements. Post some links.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies