Did you have to take swimming lessons in school? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:19:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did you have to take swimming lessons in school? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Did you have to take swimming lessons in school?  (Read 2396 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: January 18, 2012, 08:57:17 AM »
« edited: January 18, 2012, 08:59:36 AM by 33 year old with the intelligence of a brain-damaged chicken »

for 2 weeks every year until 8th grade
Wait, what? Wouldn't they assume, at some point, that you could swim if you participated in the past?

As to the question as posed in the thread title. "I suppose so. I don't know for sure; it's not as if asking if participation was compulsory would have ever occurred to me. Swimming was one sport activity I both liked and was good at, and that was far from par for the course for school sports. Besides, that was back in primary school."

I did take swimming again when we finally could choose our sport in the last three years of high school, in the first of those years. (The others, I played table tennis and then handball.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »

knowing how to swim has a much more positive effect on my daily life than knowing basic algebra...

I never fully mastered either. My school thought rugby was a more fitting sport.
...and that is why you are a Conservative! j/k
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies