Sen. Sasse May Support Johnson UPDATE: Romney also might support Johnson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:27:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sen. Sasse May Support Johnson UPDATE: Romney also might support Johnson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Sasse May Support Johnson UPDATE: Romney also might support Johnson  (Read 5591 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: June 05, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »

Sassehole would be bitching up a storm if Johnson was polling at 1% against Rubio. He's a hypocrite.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:07 AM »

I understand protest voting; I'd have voted for Gary Johnson in 2012 against Romney. I would have voted for Ron Paul if he were the nominee. Gary Johnson, being the closest candidate to Ron Paul, would have been a sensible choice. So would have been Virgil Goode to a lesser extent.

Sasse, a supporter of war hawk/"Reagan Conservative" Marco Rubio has nothing in common with Gary Johnson or the Libertarian Party. In fact, many Sasse fanboys like Erik Erikson endorsed his socially conservative rival Austen Peterson. They failed to hijack the LP (ironically forming an unholy alliance with the party radicals) and are tentatively behind Johnson not out of any remote ideological similarities (ironic because they complain Trump has no core ideology) but rather out of a simple desire to spoil the election. If they wanted a third party alternative, then David French should have run.

Had Marco Rubio been the nominee, Sasse would be bitching up a storm. They want their guy over the will of the rest of the party. People like me who are at least intellectually honest in their voting who backed Johnson in '12? We were RINOs then. Back the party this year? We're stupid. Well, this stupid RINO has done more for this party in the last week then Vosem and company have ever done. I'd be willing to venture the same about the nakedly ambitious Ben Sasse.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »

Sassehole would be bitching up a storm if Johnson was polling at 1% against Rubio. He's a hypocrite.

Or maybe because Rubio is an actual Republican.
So then maybe he should STFU and run himself instead of tainting the Libertarian brand. He's not behind Johnson, he's behind himself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies